Best Carne Restaurants

Going back to the topic in hand . This is a great list of the best parillas in Buenos Aires . A good bife de chorizo or ojo de bife here can be world class and hard to beat elsewhere . I love mollejas and crave them at times . The best I have ever eaten were at el Mirasol in Recoleta and Don Julio in Palermo

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ar/Restaurants-g312741-c37-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Perry - if you haven't tried the mollejas at El Pobre Luis, give them a try. They are my favorite in Buenos Aires. Although, I have never eaten at Mirassol.

You guys are funny.

I have never had a bad meal in Mexico. And its impossible to have a bad meal in Japan.
On the other hand, the last time I was in Italy, I had a couple of spectacularly failed takes on "italian food". Once, in Bologna, and once in Rome. I think in general Italy still has one of the best chances of getting good food in any random village as the best of them.

But I stand by my opinion that, anywhere, the best food requires some searching.

As for good Carne, I recently ate at Somos Asados, on Scalibrini near Loyola. Its small, modern, casual, and kickass. No fancy hotel waiters fawning over you, or 300 peso cocktails. Its a hipster 21st century chef, with his own curing and aging room right in front, halves of beef aging to his exact specs, who makes amazing food. Not traditional, but instead global gourmet. The 190 peso lunch specials are great. His provoleta is one of the best I have ever had. His matambrita empanada is worth going for there alone. Havent been for the full on bife dinner session, but I will. I will.
Last night 6 of us went to Somos Asados and had a really bad meal. The appetizers were very nice, but the meat, worst steak in town
Nancy

Last night 6 of us went to Somos Asados and had a really bad meal. The appetizers were very nice, but the meat, worst steak in town
Nancy

This I will agree about Somos Asados as their meat is frozen and not of high standard as sourced from feedlot cows . The flavour is non existent and with a toughness in the meat that makes it unpalatable .

Last night I had a incredible rare juicy tbone steak at Inmigrante Restaurante on Cabrera and Malabia . I believe this to be one of the best steaks in the world with the perfect flavour of tenderness and marbled fat that is evenly distributed in the meat . I asked the chef and he told me that its grass fed organic beef sourced from a family farm . In a world sublime !

Last edited:
Today after a while I ate at Don Julio had a incredible meal of crispy sweetbreads (mollejas) and a 700 gram tbone steak. Both were sublime with the perfect combination of tenderness and marbled fat evenly distributed in the meat. The key to good steak is the quality of the ingredients and the sourcing of high quality grass fed cows. Unfortunately most restaurants serve cheap feedlot meat as to cut costs. This is the reason for a bad steak. A great steak depends on the quality of the product

Today after a while I ate at Don Julio had a incredible meal of crispy sweetbreads (mollejas) and a 700 gram tbone steak. Both were sublime with the perfect combination of tenderness and marbled fat evenly distributed in the meat. The key to good steak is the quality of the ingredients and the sourcing of high quality grass fed cows. Unfortunately most restaurants serve cheap feedlot meat as to cut costs. This is the reason for a bad steak. A great steak depends on the quality of the product

I also had a T bone at Don Julio 1 week ago. It is indeed v good. And one can make out the difference in quality of meat, being grass fed/free range/happy cow.

May I ask ? "Somos Asados".... refers to Siamo nel Forno? or is it something different? or in Spanish "Estamos en el Horno" which has a double meaning??

May I ask ? "Somos Asados".... refers to Siamo nel Forno? or is it something different? or in Spanish "Estamos en el Horno" which has a double meaning??

Siamo nel Forno is perhaps the best pizza in BA. Somos Asado is a very good parrilla.

Indeed,but this ridiculous anglo saxons,think they know everything,they speak about italian food,90% of them have never been to Europe,let alone,Italy...
I have been to Italy several times for lengthy stays. The so called Italian food in Argentina is Argentine food,not Italian food. It may have Italian lineage, but it is not Italian.

Siamo nel Forno is perhaps the best pizza in BA. Somos Asado is a very good parrilla.

I agree with you about Siamo del Forno its a fantastic pizza . Somos Asado is a parilla with low quality meat .

Back