Best country to move to when life in Argentina becomes intolerable

We'll move to Turin. Very nice. Not too touristy. Close to France, Switzerland.

I like to ask the members which country they would move to in South America if life becomes intolerable in Argentina like it has for Venezuelans.
My choice by far is Peru for numerous reasons including stability. ease of settling in . Friendly people. Reasonably safe. and a strong reliable economy.

I would choose a second tier city like Arequipa or Cusco as excellent choices for expats .

I like to hear your thoughts on other options thank you
“Free market” Peru by any chance whose "strong reliable economy" is largely a result and continuation of Fujishock in the 90s and more recent Lima Consensus? Interested to understand why Milei-esque policies are acceptable in Peru but not Argentina.

If low cost of living is the be-all and end-all, then options still exist. Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Indonesia, Thailand, Georgia, Morocco, Turkiye.. even Brazil if you avoid the big cities and tourist areas. All of these options have pretty accessible visa options for foreigners of independent means. I think there are also quite a few interesting options in Europe especially outside of bigger cities, costs of living, especially housing and food, in rural France or Italy can be pretty low (and also with persons of independent means residence visas without high thresholds).

Brazil or anywhere in the EU is my backup plan, but my spouse is a Brazilian/Portuguese dual citizen, so we have options on that front.

Brazil or anywhere in the EU is my backup plan, but my spouse is a Brazilian/Portuguese dual citizen, so we have options on that front.
My husband has Italian citizenship, but unless all his family moved to the EU I don't think we'd go. That being said, while there's several places I'd be willing to live in Europe, there's also several countries in the EU/EEA you couldn't pay me to live in: Poland, the Baltics, Hungary, etc.

It's my choice as well, partially because my wife is from there and partially because I truly do love the city. It's an easy #2 in the Americas, after Buenos Aires, for me.
And only a relatively short flight from BA so easy to move between them

great reread. i am all in on buenos aires. i have owned a 1 bedroom apartment on the 11th floor for 20 years in palermo. my yearly expences including electricity, cable, building expenses, annual property taxes is now 1500.00 usd. dont think you can beat that and have all the great cultural experiences ba offers. the banks are a hassle but when in rome. i claim to be a porteno even when colombia. santa marta colombia was mentioned. i want to buy a place there. i usually spend time in medellin. great culture and nice people. prices are cheap. trading now at 4300 to 1. you need a car there not like my life in ba.

I'm not down with the direction the country is going, specifically, with criminalizing individual health decisions and talking about the dangers of the vax, so I'm out. Brazil has become a communist dictatorship, and that isn't for me.
You do know there's a mandatory vaccination law in Argentina, right?

Back