Best pizza ever ba

Banchero has one of the best greasy fugazzeta pizza!!!! Cholesterol fre, hehehe!!!

Gotta second the pizza guerin as the best pizza in BA guys. And as to the whole argentine arrogance issue - i don't think its as much arrogance as it is cultural homogeneity. Being from a city in the states, i don't have one conception of good pizza, steak, soup, sandwiches, etc. I have grown up eating mexican food, thai food, chinese food, italian food, indian food, etc. cooked in my own home, not just in restaurants. So I don't just have one idea of what pizza should taste like - I have favorite deep dish, thin crust, whole wheat, asian fusion, and traditional italian pizza places. I've cooked pizza on pita bread, bbq chicken pizza on the grill, blt pizzas, etc. I still think these are all pizzas. So when mark's socks, or whatever (don't have the energy to go back and look), makes a comment that because its not thick crust, oodles of cheese, bunch of oregano, it is not pizza, i don't think that's a much arrogance as it is argentine culinary small mindedness. Like, go to an argentine grocery store and its pasta, steak, cheese, tomato sauce, and quick soup. Walk down the street and every restaurant is some iteration of steakhouse, milanesas, empanadas, pizzas, pastas, picadas, and sometimes a rotisserie chicken place or two. Or sushi crammed with cream cheese. It's how argentines eat.

But just because a pizza place opens that cooks pizza differently, does that mean its not pizza? No, but thinking that is not arrogant its just stupid.

When i'm in argentina, I miss chicago deep dish pizza, new york style pizza, and especially pizza hut stuffed crust with pineapples on it.....

But when i'm in the states I miss the pounds of cheese covered in oregano and topped with olives :)

Variety = good.

sketchyblueeyes said:
Gotta second the pizza guerin as the best pizza in BA guys. And as to the whole argentine arrogance issue - i don't think its as much arrogance as it is cultural homogeneity. Being from a city in the states, i don't have one conception of good pizza, steak, soup, sandwiches, etc. I have grown up eating mexican food, thai food, chinese food, italian food, indian food, etc. cooked in my own home, not just in restaurants. So I don't just have one idea of what pizza should taste like - I have favorite deep dish, thin crust, whole wheat, asian fusion, and traditional italian pizza places. I've cooked pizza on pita bread, bbq chicken pizza on the grill, blt pizzas, etc. I still think these are all pizzas. So when mark's socks, or whatever (don't have the energy to go back and look), makes a comment that because its not thick crust, oodles of cheese, bunch of oregano, it is not pizza, i don't think that's a much arrogance as it is argentine culinary small mindedness. Like, go to an argentine grocery store and its pasta, steak, cheese, tomato sauce, and quick soup. Walk down the street and every restaurant is some iteration of steakhouse, milanesas, empanadas, pizzas, pastas, picadas, and sometimes a rotisserie chicken place or two. Or sushi crammed with cream cheese. It's how argentines eat.

But just because a pizza place opens that cooks pizza differently, does that mean its not pizza? No, but thinking that is not arrogant its just stupid.

When i'm in argentina, I miss chicago deep dish pizza, new york style pizza, and especially pizza hut stuffed crust with pineapples on it.....

But when i'm in the states I miss the pounds of cheese covered in oregano and topped with olives :)

Variety = good.
I partially agree with you post, but Marksoc said it was not Argetine pizza, he never said it was not pizza, so I believe the homogeneous categorization you refer to does not apply to what he said, as Argentine pizza is clearly a subtype of pizza or a different style/ variety.

"so is not really pizza (in our eyes)"

...is that not saying that its not really pizza in the eyes of an argentine?

sketchyblueeyes said:
"so is not really pizza (in our eyes)"

...is that not saying that its not really pizza in the eyes of an argentine?
Notice that the original title of the thread has been edited, but was best Argentine pizza ever, so he was referring to that.

Banchero is the best I've had in BA so far... one of the best I've ever had... top notch.

*The best pizza I've ever tried in my world travels is Flying Wedge in Vancouver, Canada... without peer so far.

at immortales
the Fugazzetta rellena con muzzarella is a great no tomato real argentine pizza

Back