Best pizza ever ba

Cabildo and Monroe, Belgrano, Pizzería Burgio

No ambiance, no modern installations or decorations nasty old and original Ah! and don't go to the toilets, just eat the pizza and go away.

Lucas said:

No ambiance, no modern installations or decorations nasty old and original Ah! and don't go to the toilets, just eat the pizza and go away.

LOL Ok... so basically we shouldn't go there?

Lucas said:

The pizza is your standard, cheesy, greasy pizza at a classic shabby and has been pizzeria. Paper sheets for napkins, last time the place was updated was probably the 1960s.

I once ordered an empanada there, it was inedible. The chop meat filling was filled with tendons, and bone fragments, I kept having to spit stuff out with each bite. GROSS

A&A said:
However, I find even the Argentine style is overly oiled (with crappy Spanish style olive oil and not quality Italian olive oil)

As a relative of Spanish olive farmers going to have to call you on this BS. There is nothing "crappy" about Spain's olive oil. Argentina has some pretty good oils as well.

In fact, many imported "quality Italian" extra virgin olive oils are fake.
http://www.npr.org/2011/12/12/143154180/losing-virginity-olive-oils-scandalous-industry?ps=cprs
I'll take natural Argentine or Spanish oil any day.

Davidglen77 said:
The pizza is your standard, cheesy, greasy pizza at a classic shabby and has been pizzeria. Paper sheets for napkins, last time the place was updated was probably the 1960s.

I once ordered an empanada there, it was inedible. The chop meat filling was filled with tendons, and bone fragments, I kept having to spit stuff out with each bite. GROSS
The original owner must have died, rest in peace Burgio. :eek:

Went to Guerin on Corrientes a few days ago. The cake dough covered in excessive cheese was horrible. Just the same as El Cuartito.
Aside from cheese or onions in a fugezza slice, they don't put much in the way of toppings on their pizzas here. Ask for a slice of anchovy and you get a single anchovy. What is with that?

That's sign of the hard times, you should have had a look to the media lunas size after 2001 and you will be shocked. :p

scarface said:
Went to Guerin on Corrientes a few days ago. The cake dough covered in excessive cheese was horrible. Just the same as El Cuartito.
Aside from cheese or onions in a fugezza slice, they don't put much in the way of toppings on their pizzas here. Ask for a slice of anchovy and you get a single anchovy. What is with that?

The most tolerable pizza here is La Americana on Callao corner of Bartolomé Mitre. The empanadas are great, especially the spicy beef variety.

The best I've found for thin-crust, "traditional" pizza is Sr. Telmo in San Telmo. They do a great Anchovy pizza if that's what you are craving!

Lock this thread. No more pizza threads. They end up going nowhere.

Back