Blacks In Argentina

Interesting read.

I also saw this:
´´Perón was a scoundrel. My mother was in prison under Perón. My sister was in prison. My cousin. Perón was a bad leader, and, also, I suspect, a coward. He looted the country. His wife was a prostitute.´´

Thats simply an amazing summary of that era in Argentine politics. Although I dont like his silent support (I guess nobody really knows the exact truth) for the military dictatorship.

The best known scholar on this topic is http://www.history.pitt.edu/faculty/andrews.php

Famous tango piano player from a rich black family (although it looks like he´s more white than black);

HoracioSalgan.jpg

Ubaldo%2BDe%2BLio%252C%2BCholo%2BMontironi%2By%2BHoracio%2BSalgan.jpg

Interesting read.

I also saw this:
´´Perón was a scoundrel. My mother was in prison under Perón. My sister was in prison. My cousin. Perón was a bad leader, and, also, I suspect, a coward. He looted the country. His wife was a prostitute.´´

Thats simply an amazing summary of that era in Argentine politics. Although I dont like his silent support (I guess nobody really knows the exact truth) for the military dictatorship.

Perón went out of his way to try to humiliate Borges.

Pugliese was outspoken in his political opinions. His communist sympathies, though never violent, at times earned him the hostility of those in power. Populist President Juan Perón is said to have had labor union heavies once intimidate Pugliese by locking him in a sinking boat, rescuing him at the last minute; though the alleged 1949 incident has never been proven (Pugliese, likewise, seldom spoke of it publicly), the day Pres. Perón awarded the great pianist the Order of May (Argentina's highest civilian award), he embraced Pugliese, saying: "Thank you, maestro, for forgiving".[sup][1][/sup]

Growing up in Brazil during the military dictatorship and at the height of the Brazil-Argentina "cold war", the government media machine would try scare us about the possible war against the white supremacist neo-nazi invaders from Argentina. Of course it was a crude attempt by the military dictatorship to build national support by dehumanizing and vilifying the Argentinians. It is sad to see however, that there was a small element of truth behind all of that BS that they were feeding us.

Back