Blue Dollar - Over

This is not ending the cepo. This is just meant to prevent panic. After the madness on Thursday the official rate could have easily hit 10 on Friday. Doing this will release a lot of steam from the pressure cooker, it might make the difference between the official rate and the blue rate smaller. It will fundamentally change nothing. If the restrictions were to end completely people would go crazy. It would be totally unmanageable.

Agree - the best this measure can do is tighten the spread, and if it were managed correctly, might take the savers and vacationers out of the blue market, thus making a crackdown at a later date more politically palatable.

But it won't mean a thing unless 1) devulation continues despite the inflationary pressure, to remove the incentive on the blue market 2) in turn, inflation is reduced, probably by tightening the money supply and nearly across-the-board government spending reductions and 3) finalized negotiations with the Paris Club and Repsol re-open foreign investment.

The number my husband's uncle was floating last night was 30% of your declared income would be approved for buying dollars. I asked if that was rumor or fact. He claims that ya hicieron el anuncio. Considering we watched the news all evening Friday and never heard, and doubt they're making announcements on Saturdays yet, I chalk that up as rumor, unless anyone hear can confirm they heard same thing?

Revision A: 35% back in for tourism.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1658721-el-gobierno-no-bajara-manana-el-recargo-para-compras-con-tarjeta-de-credito-y-turismo

The number my husband's uncle was floating last night was 30% of your declared income would be approved for buying dollars. I asked if that was rumor or fact. He claims that ya hicieron el anuncio. Considering we watched the news all evening Friday and never heard, and doubt they're making announcements on Saturdays yet, I chalk that up as rumor, unless anyone hear can confirm they heard same thing?

If true a person making $30,000 a month can buy less than USD$1000 ($937,5) at the official rate of $9,60 ($8 plus 20%).

rich one,

I only trust you on this discussion.

please advise what should be the course of action?

My friends should hold on to their dollars ? or change as much as they can, to take advantage of the current rate?

Wait at least until its clear how the new regulations look like - it might change every 24 hours ;) And for sure don't sell at a cuave for 9.50 - that price is just a joke, even if the government would allow changes of any amount.

rich one,

I only trust you on this discussion.

please advise what should be the course of action?

My friends should hold on to their dollars ? or change as much as they can, to take advantage of the current rate?

My crystal ball is blurred today. Tuesday can give an opinion. when people realize that they can only buy a fraction of your declared income each month? at $9.60 will go back to the Blue. Monday will show little activity, by Wednesday will have a better picture

I will not sell until Feb. 3/4 for immediate needs ,

Can people buy dollars to save and to travel at the same time? More convenient to buy the Saving Dollar and Travel? 20% v/s 35%

Back