Blue Dollar - Over

I have no idea what is going to happen on "loose cannon monday" next week.
Say The Captain tells everyone with a declared taxable income that they can take an average of $500 a year (just as an average, it will obviously be on a sliding scale depending on how much the person earns). How many workers would that apply to in Argentina? 20 million?
That's $10 billion bucks, or a third of reserves. That has to undermine the official peso rate big time.

But if its just a once a year thing, that means the restriction is still there - it's not a free market. And $500? …. meh. Its something but not life changing stuff.

I have no idea on the numbers. I have never seen anything like this before - it's like out of a TV show or something.

so my question is.. do we sell now. or wait? does anyone have any predictions for the opening rate on Monday?

so my question is.. do we sell now. or wait? does anyone have any predictions for the opening rate on Monday?

IMHO, better wait for now. Seems the objective is to have a dollar at 8/8.5 and if everything works out, the spread with the Blue would be smaller, but it would be worth around 11.5.
Today, it seems you can get 10:1. Too much uncertainty to sell today.

Surprised there wasn't already a massive discussion on this - blue dollar ends Monday:
www.lanacion.com.ar/1658112-jorge-capitanich-hemos-decidido-autorizar-la-compra-de-dolares-para-tenencia-y-ahorro
Can you provide the details? (rethoric question)

Nobody has any information of what this means in the real world.

Will the buyer of US$ be allowed to bring 9,999 out of the country?
Will the buyer of US$ 'para ahorro' have to deposit her/his savings in an Argentine bank account like before the corralon & corralito?
Will the buyer of US$ ... ?

Can you provide the details? (rethoric question)

Nobody has any information of what this means in the real world.

Will the buyer of US$ be allowed to bring 9,999 out of the country?
Will the buyer of US$ 'para ahorro' have to deposit her/his savings in an Argentine bank account like before the corralon & corralito?
Will the buyer of US$ ... ?

Nobody knows, the new rules were not enacted yet.

Just like previously Government said that, one can remitt 1500/- per month (if you have legitimate source of income) as "Familia ayudar" and I could not send even 300 dollars per month to my mother, because central bank didn't allow me to remitt money (as my arse hole bank manager told me) They will make buying dollars so hard that we eventually will have to go to buy dollars unofficially.

It's a fact that most bank managers are given that sobriquet.

Back