Bono Argentino!??!!?

None of us expats agree with Bajo Cero, but maybe it's a bit harsh to insult him. He's made some nice posts here to help us all out on this site. I'd like to remind everyone that civility is a wonderful thing, even when you strongly disagree with someone. I strongly disagree with Bajo Cero, but at least he attempts to make some logical argument, which is far more than most Kirchneristas I have met. Let's not fall in to the trap that this country has fallen into of hating those that disagree with their political opinions.
I agree with you Jared, but I can't say when I last saw and felt so much hate in Argentine society.
It seems to seep from every pore of this divided nation.

Ok so lets leave all the money laundering aside and lets believe that all the dollars that will come in to the Bonos is legal and hard earned.
so let me see if I get I give the government 1,000 USD they give me a paper with the AFIP seal that says this is worth 1,000 USD to the bearer is transferable and earns 4% per year with a maturity date of 4 years .

And who warranties the Bono ? and what is the rating ? and how do you get this trough the SEC disclosure clauses ? If you cant get it trough SEC then is only transferable in Argentina ?

Seems to me as a very expensive piece of paper ,

"Don't you worry chico, those bonos are as good as gold."

argentina_2285572b.jpg

Ok so lets leave all the money laundering aside and lets believe that all the dollars that will come in to the Bonos is legal and hard earned.
so let me see if I get I give the government 1,000 USD they give me a paper with the AFIP seal that says this is worth 1,000 USD to the bearer is transferable and earns 4% per year with a maturity date of 4 years .

And who warranties the Bono ? and what is the rating ? and how do you get this trough the SEC disclosure clauses ? If you cant get it trough SEC then is only transferable in Argentina ?

BCRA/Argentina Government. Around B-, really close to default categorization. Is released under Arg legislation, it will not trade in the US, that's why you need to wire the money to an Argentinian bank, you can't buy from another country. It will behave like any other bond/stock traded in the local stock market, meaning you can buy it or sell it here.

Pro: It will pay you 4% anually wohooo
Cons: Argentina can repay you at the end in pesos if they want to. The country can go again into default and force you to enter into a "plan canje" accepting a loss in the payment. Depending on who you are, they can investigate you because you had money not declarated outside. Probably, it wont happen, but if I'm in the opposition, I won't took a chance of them having proof to blackmail me in the future. This smells like a trap.

There is no one single argentine that is innocent of money laundering in small or big scale. There dolar blue is all about that. You don t need to be in the drug busisness neither to be a criminal, this is so cultural that everybody behaves like that.

I ask you Shoush, do you sell your dollars to the Central Bank or to the black market? Do you know that it is crime? So, please.

Camberiu, sorry if I have different ideas. I don t troll, I enjoy debates. We don t have to agree but the threads that are a vomit of hate against the President are just boring. Do you have an idea, debate it.

Bajo, I do appreciate hearing a different point of view. The problem I have with this government is that there is no integrity. I'm defining integrity as Doing the same as you Say. How many examples do we need of leading politicians telling Argentines that they should stop thinking in Dollars but we find out that their own personal businesses operate in Dollars (CFK), they have large Dollar-denominated accounts (CFK), and they are increasingly under fire for illicit and criminal activity involving capital flight of immense sums of Dollars (CFK)? If Cristina actually did what she and her team say that everyone else should do then I'd have respect for her. I might not agree at all with the direction, but at least it would have integrity and honor and I could support that.

I can't speak for anyone else on this list, but my personal hatred (and it has become hatred) is exactly because the K-team is profiting at the expense of the very people they are sworn to serve. You might be shocked that we actually put politicians in jail in the US for criminal activity. None of my many Argentine friends here believe me on this. They just laugh at my fairy tale.

Argentina Snapshot: the Very Rich are getting Very Much Richer, the Middle-class is disappearing, and the lower-income are being offered subsidy programs in lieu of opportunity. Why do most of the world's leading economists think that Argentina is becoming a serious basket-case? Can they all be wrong? Is it really only the K-5 that have the secret code to figure a way out of this mess that they've gotten themselves into? Can anyone really point to Venezuela as a shining example of a vibrant, growing market that provides growth and opportunity? Why do all of my Argentine friends ask me, "Che, what the hell are you doing here? You have a US passport! Why are you wallowing around with us in all this pig sh*t?"

All animosity for CFK and her team aside, I'd be interested to hear specifically what you think this government has done that has helped this country? Because on most days I'm a fairly smart guy with an open mind, but I really don't see much.

Why do most, if not all, of the world's leading economists think that Argentina is becoming a serious basket-case?

Actually, this Nobel prize winning economist thinks that going full Argentina is the only way.

Krugman.jpg

Look at that face! Obviously a Kirchnerista! (just kidding).

Yes, that is why I just edited my post to say only, "most." ;)

GS, I here you there.
The thing that bugs me the most is the laughing in our faces by the very people who should be replaced by a gang of chimps, whom I'm damn sure could do a better job.
Rant over............for now.

Actually, this Nobel prize winning economist thinks that going full Argentina is the only way.

Krugman.jpg

Paul Krugman admires Argentina, generous country, because the salaries are adjusted at 25 % rate while inflation is only 10% :wub:

its not about trying to insult bajo cero, its that i can't imagine who at this point can believe the lies and manipulations from this government! theres seems to be an excuse for everything they do, or dont do. I can't believe the response i got from bajo cero asking about why Cristina didn't speak when the once tragedy happened, "because its a federal case" but isn't she the president, shouldn't she say something to her "pueblo", then just like el expatriate said about the responses, first the president must stop money laundering and now for some reason its acceptable.
One of the biggest all time excuses is, clarin. no one ever actually sees all the evidence, they just say, "no its because clarin is against them"
the kircherism is like a cult...

Back