Bookclub Will Be Last Tuedays As Of 4/28 And More!

Ok. The book club will resurrect with the first meeting being WEDNESDAY EVENING SEPT 30th. I will announce the selection before the first of September. And the second meeting will be WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28th. I'll start a new thread so please watch for it in the next two weeks. I'm glad to see there is continuing interest in this and I will welcome returning and new members with the book clubs traditional hospitality!
By the way if folks want to recommend a book I try to follow the following criteria: in English, fiction, literary fiction, historical fiction, science fiction, suspense, should appeal to both men and women. Has been reviewed and received critical acclaim, preferably nominated or won an award or other mark of acievwment like being on list of "best of the year' or current New York Times list, we have also chosen works by foreign authors (in English) and where the action takes place in various countries. We choose books available for download on IBooks and Kindle since they are universally available,
Keep a watch out for the next thread and again thanks for the support.

We'll miss you Northener, enjoy your trip. Our next meeting will be Wednesday September 30 from 7-9:30 in Recoleta. We will read Harper Lees "controversial" book 'Go Set a Watchman" currently #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Let's find out what all the buzz is about! More details to follow.

Hello again dear readers. I'm trying to figure out if we have enough people to start up on Wednesday September 30 or if we should wait until the end of October. In either case our first meeting will deal with Harper Lee's newest book. Please indicate on this thread if you can come at the end of September or not. Otherwise we'll meet last WEDNESDAY in October. Please note we will return to meeting Wednesday's. THANKS

We would love to come in October, but can't make it in September. 'Hope you save "comes a watchman" until then!

Back