Borders remain closed

If i travel to Brasil around 26th, will i be allowed to return back on 29th. What are the risks? I am a dni holder.
You just need to wait to find out like everyone else.
The extreme risks are you will not be able to return (for at least 3 weeks, or indefinitely like last time) the other risk is that your flight will be cancelled for any number of reasons related to such a decision. At best you would be able to come back as planned or need to detour through Chile or whatever other country continues to have open borders with Argentina.
Just pack a big suitcase and be prepared for an extended stay abroad - but I suspect we will know the law for sure soon (which in itself is no guarantee of what the law will look like in two weeks time)

I have just read in one of the major news sites that the govt is planning to close borders with neighboring countries after the holidays. I will post the link if I can find it.

Update from LaNacion:
  • Official announcement still to be made, expected within coming hours
  • Likely that all persons will require a negative PCR before boarding any flight to Argentina (done within 72 hours)
  • Likely that all persons will require a quarantine of 7-8 days, in addition to negative PCR
  • Likely that all flights to UK, Germany, Netherlands, France and Italy will be suspended
  • Likely that tourists/ foreigners from neighboring countries will again be restricted

97A08940-9029-4B5B-B57F-9BFFE4145F5A.jpeg
Because obviously the virus is spreading in Argentina due to foreigners...

Borders are concern with widespread ramifications on how that's dealt with internally and internationally. Government has it's hands full there. However or in addition there's been a sudden turn in the internal numbers of infections. I focus on CABA and it's barrios in particular using the excellent Dashboard at La Nacion website, front page. https://www.lanacion.com.ar/sociedad/coronavirus-caba-mapa-pandemia-comuna-comuna-nid2364565 I like having some sense of the level of risk in my neighborhood, people I pass on the sidewalks and in stores/shops, banks, etc..
The numbers in CABA had been on a steady and improving decline, the La Nacion dashboard giving increasingly negative number for the declines. Of a sudden, past 4 or 5 days the numbers have bolted upwards, after Palermo and Recoleta in particular had previously cut their 7 day rates in half.
So now we're seeing a strong and sudden rise in infections which I credit to our own behavior and a false sense that 'things are getting better' coupled with the warm and pleasant days and nights - perfect for getting out and about, lowering the masks at outdoor tables, grouping up and wherever.

I fully agree with those who say avoid flying for reasons of the virus. My request is more that they are likely to fly either way, despite my concerns, so I am interested are they likely to face issues a) getting out of the country (not the worst situation from our perspective) or b) getting back into the country (which we obviously don't want).

Without wanting to get into the personal details, it is not unfair on the father. Ultimately, he chooses not to make it easier and see them in Argentina.
even if the flights are not cancelled, the poor kids will need a second PCR for the re-entry to argentina.
Can you guys come up with some trick to justify not letting them go? The way Arg govt acts is so irrational, the rules might change a few dozen times between now and february. Last thing you want is to have them stuck there for months...I can write a multi volume thriller about my departure from BsAs at the end of March. Wasn't sure where I was going to end up till I landed on the other side of the world. You don't want to put your kids through anything of the kind.

I don't think its unreasonable to require a PCR test within 72 hours - thats quite common at the moment - shutting the border completely to residents/citizens is absolutely ridiculous though. PCR test within 72 hours + 7 days quarantine seems logical but this Government is anything but so get prepared for them to lock everyone inside and not give a shit about Argentines abroad.

Back