Borders remain closed

semigoodlooking: traveling anywhere is a bad idea as the virus is a fluid. think i would tell the father you don’t feel comfortable putting the kids at risk for selfish reasons. imo

For the time being a general closure of the borders is being denied. However likely Europe and Brazil will be affected by closures of some sorts (e.g. reversal of decision to allow family visits of Argentine residents and / or entry of tourists from Brazil)

For me I hope Argentina does not pull yet another political stunt when it comes to Brazil and have a degree of perspective in determining any measures affecting that border.
The reality is that in the state of Rio de Janeiro (one of the "worst" in the country of almost a quarter of a billion people, with a population of 13m) is recording around 6 deaths and 755 new cases each day.
Meanwhile CABA, a city of under 3m, is recording about 20 deaths and 500 new cases a day.

Argentina is hardly a role model for COVID containment or propagation - given the lax protocols in regards to allowing Argentines on planes I would go as far to suggest a good few number of recent Brazilian cases have Argentine origins - more than the number of recent Argentine cases with Brazilian origins who at least need to be tested to get on a plane and enter the country.

Europe with the new strain is another story, however the WHO and EU now seem to be more calm about it and insisting not to panic about it. The EU is recommending countries lift the bans against the UK.
Don't believe Brazilian statistics, they are not accurate at all, by design https://www.jmir.org/2020/8/e21413/

Don't believe Brazilian statistics, they are not accurate at all, by design https://www.jmir.org/2020/8/e21413/
Similar to Argentine statistics perhaps where many experts suggest a multiplier of around 8-10 times the official numbers? In other words in a Brazil vs. Argentina COVID death match, it’s nothing more than dumb vs. dumber.

semigoodlooking: traveling anywhere is a bad idea as the virus is a fluid. think i would tell the father you don’t feel comfortable putting the kids at risk for selfish reasons. imo

A tad unfair on the father. If it's allowed then I think the kids should decide. If they want to go then let them.

Couldn't agree more. We became addicted to flying, and that is what got us into this mess in the first place. Nothing has really changed since March but we seem to want to go on traveling as though we are nearly through it. We are not.

i live in a state that has between 5,000 to 10,000 new cases a day. living next to california with 50,000 new cases a day. calfornia is in total lock down. the cases persist and we have not seen the new mutation from europe. por amar el dios

I fully agree with those who say avoid flying for reasons of the virus. My request is more that they are likely to fly either way, despite my concerns, so I am interested are they likely to face issues a) getting out of the country (not the worst situation from our perspective) or b) getting back into the country (which we obviously don't want).

Without wanting to get into the personal details, it is not unfair on the father. Ultimately, he chooses not to make it easier and see them in Argentina.

Interesting that Axel K is insisting on a total border closure (for citizens as well as visitors) to avoid cases increasing over summer, whereas he is saying nothing about the hoardes of potentially contagious Argentines heading for his coasts and Recently legalized parties of up to 200 persons - where according to all official statistics means that there is a 100% chance at least 1.9 persons at such parties will have COVID.

If i travel to Brasil around 26th, will i be allowed to return back on 29th. What are the risks? I am a dni holder.

Back