Brazilian Visa. US citizen

amyostrander

Registered
I am a US citizen and want to go to Brazil in two weeks. Do I need to obtain a visa from the Brazilian embassy or the US embassy in BsAs and if so how long does it take? I will need to expedite it. Thanks in advance.

amyostrander said:
I am a US citizen and want to go to Brazil in two weeks. Do I need to obtain a visa from the Brazilian embassy or the US embassy in BsAs and if so how long does it take? I will need to expedite it. Thanks in advance.
You have to visit the host country´s embassy ( ie Brazil )

You have to go to the Brazilian embassy in BA (which is in Barrio Norte) with your application, some passport photos, and proof of where you're going to stay (a hotel reservation, this is essential, even if you make one and cancel it after you get the visa). They'll send you to the bank to pay about 120 dollars. After that it should only take a couple days. But don't underestimate the importance of going prepared, they take their visas pretty seriously!

To get a Brazilian visa, you must go to the Brazilian Consulate at Carlos Pelligrini 1363 between Juncal and Arroyo in the Retiro barrio. Make sure that you go prepared. You will need a round trip airline ticket, hotel reservation or local contact and who knows whatelse?? Your experience at the Consulate may be one that you won´t forget. Have you seen airfares to Brazil?

If you need to expedite it you can make a trip to Iguazu, where they process visas in 24 hours. In BA it takes a bit longer.

I got a visa for Brazil in August and was surprised I had to leave my passport with them for 4 or 5 days (over a weekend) for them to insert the visa on the page. Make sure you go sooner than later. I also had copies of bank accounts from US as requested. They glanced at them quickly.

Thanks for all of the info. So this is what I need
A bank statement
Hotel Reservations
Flight Reservation
Passport photos
Application.

Does anyone know where I can get passport photos? I live in Palermo Soho.

brandon said:
I got a visa for Brazil in August and was surprised I had to leave my visa with them for 4 or 5 days (over a weekend) for them to insert the visa on the page. Make sure you go sooner than later. I also had copies of bank accounts from US as requested. They glanced at them quickly.

Did you mean you left your passport with them for several days,

If that's the case this is another good reason to make color copies of the photo and signature pages of your passport and have them laminated (back to back).

Back