brazilian visa

To all folks, especially Canadians, Americans (United States), and Australians the EASIEST way I know to get your Brazilian Visa is in the Brazilian/Uruguayan border town on the coast called Chuy.[/B]

Honestly everyone, it took me 35 MINUTES IN TOTAL at the small, Grandma's house-looking Brazilian Consulate to get my 10 year visa information filled out, paid, picture taken for free, processed, and taped into my passport. YOU ONLY HAVE TO BRING YOUR PASSPORT AND MONEY (150ish USD at least for Americans), THAT IS IT!

As an American, I know what a headache it can be to wait for weeks, show a pile of paperwork, waste days in a consulate and still not be sure when and exactly how you will get your Visa.

If you are in Buenos Aires, I recommend putting together a weekend trip up to visit Punta Del Diablo, Uruguay enjoy a break from the city, and just plan to take a quick 45 min bus to Chuy at the Brazilian border.

To get to Punta Del Diablo just hop on a bus from Colonia or Montevideo and it is a straight shot on either COT, CYNCSA, or RUTAS DEL SOL bus companies.

I work at El Diablo Tranquilo Hostel (www.eldiablotranquilo.com) in Punta Del Diablo and we are open all winter, have the fireplaces cranking every night, parilla qued up, locals, travellers, and Uruguay's finest, Pilsen, fully stocked if you want to stop by!

We have many travellers/expats make a trip to come see us whether you are teaching english in BA, headed up to Brazil or just want to make sure you are covered for the World Cup/Olympics shananigans that are on the horizon.

Hope this helps and message me if you have any more ?'s about the Visa!

Cheers,

Tim

How does it work if I have a DNI, since Argentine citizens can travel without passports, what about perm residents?

Back