Buenos Aires Needs A Red Light Zone

There are plenty of so-called Christians who also think like this, by the way. More than quite a few.

And in fact Christianity has been used as justification for slavery, genocide of indigenous peoples, and whole list of other atrocities.

But that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? People use all sorts of beliefs to justify what they do. Atheist philosophy has led to far more deaths than Christian ideals (which really aren't Christian ideals). The question is if it is true or not. Obviously, you do not agree, and I respect that. But surely you are against forcing women to become Prostitutes?

Atheist philosophy has led to far more deaths than Christian ideals

This is clearly not true.

BTW Are you in favor of making abortion illegal, even for cases of incest and rape?

Also one should ask if a ban on prostitution would actually improve the situation for the sex workers. Its pretty naive to think that making a law to ban it will get rid of prostitution... And regarding to tex: do you want to make a law against it to actually safe the exploitation of sex workers and you don't see another way as a ban or do you want to ban it for moral reasons?

This is clearly not true.

BTW Are you in favor of making abortion illegal, even for cases of incest and rape?

I don't mean to be rude with this question, but why are you suddenly so interested in what I believe about every subject?

Also one should ask if a ban on prostitution would actually improve the situation for the sex workers. Its pretty naive to think that making a law to ban it will get rid of prostitution... And regarding to tex: do you want to make a law against it to actually safe the exploitation of sex workers and you don't see another way as a ban or do you want to ban it for moral reasons?

Both. The exploitation of people is precisely why it is immoral. I don't see the difference. Also, please note that I don't think the actual sex workers should be prosecuted, as some assumed in my previous posts.

But that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? People use all sorts of beliefs to justify what they do. Atheist philosophy has led to far more deaths than Christian ideals (which really aren't Christian ideals). The question is if it is true or not. Obviously, you do not agree, and I respect that. But surely you are against forcing women to become Prostitutes?

I was just responding to your "meaningless" comment.

Your question is sophomoric. Of course no one (male or female) should be forced into prostitution or any other type of work. But as has been pointed out by numerous other commenters, it's not enough for you to enforce human-trafficking laws. You want to ban the entire profession based on puritanic morality.

That's the issue that people here have with your point of view - not that we are pro-slavery or that agnostics/atheists have no concern for humanity. That's just silly rhetoric on your part.

I don't mean to be rude with this question, but why are you suddenly so interested in what I believe about every subject?

Because if we go along with your idea of criminalizing prostitution we need to know what's next on the agenda.

So I'd like your opinion: Are you in favor of making abortion illegal, even for cases of incest and rape?

Look, I'm not afraid to give my opinion. Abortion is of course a horrible thing that should be avoided if possible, but it's a woman's right. And I think it is a reprehensible injustice to force a woman to have a baby born from rape or incest.

I was just responding to your "meaningless" comment.

Your question is sophomoric. Of course no one (male or female) should be forced into prostitution or any other type of work. But as has been pointed out by numerous other commenters, it's not enough for you to enforce human-trafficking laws. You want to ban the entire profession based on puritanic morality.

That's the issue that people here have with your point of view - not that we are pro-slavery or that agnostics/atheists have no concern for humanity. That's just silly rhetoric on your part.

I never said that anyone was pro slavery or that they don't have concern for humanity. Where did I say that? You are probably correct that I hope that prostitution is eradicated due to my puritanic/biblical understanding of morality and ethics though. But it's more than that. I've actually known people who have been caught in this horrible cycle and want out and seen those effects. It's not something very pretty.

Because if we go along with your idea of criminalizing prostitution we need to know what's next on the agenda.

So I'd like your opinion: Are you in favor of making abortion illegal, even for cases of incest and rape?

Some people carry a different paradigm than others. What is your agenda, Joe?

Some people carry a different paradigm than others. What is your agenda, Joe?
My agenda is The Truth - no matter how much it hurts.

Why are you afraid to give your opinion? I gave mine.

Back