Buenos Aires Needs A Red Light Zone

After my AFIP SWAT teams are finished breaking down the doors of the Arbolitos, we can go after the prostitutes and johns. Put them all in jail - Texas style, Yi Hah! ;)

Tax income in January was up 37% on the same month last year. Were the ladies of the night contributing?

There is nothing wrong in voluntary prostitution.

Prostitution is the oldest profession in the history of the world.

Banning prostitution leads to more crime againt women such as rapes, kidnappings as single men who are not married or in a relationship have no outlet. USA & India are two prime examples of this phenomenon. USA for kidnappings and India for rapes.

80% of the prostitutes in Capital Federal are independent workers. Rest of the 20% who are managed..well, no one has exactly placed a trigger on their forehead.

Least of the travestite prostitutes being mentioned here! Can't imagine for the love of God, that any of them are being kidnapped and being forced into prostitution at palermo park!!!

Voluntary exchange of money and body is a mutual decison between two consenting adults. Why does the 3rd person/passer-by has to fret so much??

Just as someone may find the travestites trolling in the park very unsightly..similarly there may be people who may find people's dog pooing in the park unsightly. different strokes for different folks, eh?

Banning prostitution leads to more crime againt women such as rapes, kidnappings as single men who are not married or in a relationship have no outlet. USA & India are two prime examples of this phenomenon. USA for kidnappings and India for rapes.

80% of the prostitutes in Capital Federal are independent workers. Rest of the 20% who are managed..well, no one has exactly placed a trigger on their forehead.

Least of the travestite prostitutes being mentioned here! Can't imagine for the love of God, that any of them are being kidnapped and being forced into prostitution at palermo park!!!

Voluntary exchange of money and body is a mutual decison between two consenting adults. Why does the 3rd person/passer-by has to fret so much??

Just as someone may find the travestites trolling in the park very unsightly..similarly there may be people who may find people's dog pooing in the park unsightly. different strokes for different folks, eh?

While I agree that voluntary sex work is fine, as long as the person isn't being forced/abused/etc. But, I have to strongly disagree that banning prostitution is the cause of violence/abuse against women by men. It's actually caused by the men who are doing the abusing. It's just like saying "that woman was asking for it because of how she dressed" which is obviously ridiculous. Let's be clear that in any case of rape/abuse/etc against women by men, that the ONLY responsible party is the man doing the abusing/raping, and not any laws or situations that gave him no other choice.

Anyway, I hope you were being facetious, but until the sarcasm font is invented, I can't be sure!

If you think exposing a c-ck to a child is the same as a child seeing some poop on the ground, thats grand. Your decision, to me it's worlds apart.

Totally agree. Its relatively new this problem, like 3 or 4 years. Before it used to exist a red light, calle Godoy Cruz, but now they invaded los bosques de Palermo.

"Before" is not quite accurate. There are still travas in Godoy Cruz at all times. In fact, not only I've seen travas but pretty old prostitutes in Darragueyra and Guemes, not just at night but the whole day. And there are 3 schools in that block with kids walking through. It's just not good

I'm happy (sort of) to hear this is not just me. Was running in the Bosques de Palermo the other evening when a guy flashed me. I grabbed a golf-ball sized rock and hurled it. I'm a good throw, though I was aiming for the other juevo. I suspect s/he might not be so fast to drop his shorts in the near future.

Back