Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

Davidglen, I'd love to help if possible: do you sell online? How could I buy some of your products without going to Villa Urquiza?
Hope to hear back from you.

Lo

Once again, I'm very sorry that this happened to you and took such an ugly, emotional toll on you, your life and your pocketbook. I hope that you can take solace in the fact that you WON and that maybe if more people fight like you did that this kind of thing just won't happen anymore. Congratulations on your very real victory, and hope you feel better soon.

Fantastic news, David....it's a great result! Don't let them win by getting down, that's how all these bureaucrats operate...beating us down till we're drained physically and mentally. Enjoy your success.

And it might be a good idea to keep in contact with the two gentlemen you mentioned who helped guide you and put that woman in her place.
I'm not suggesting anything underhand, only that it's not what you know but who you know that counts, and those two chaps might come in handy again one day.
I know David, because I've been down that avenue before, but nowhere near the extent as you.
Well done and sell shed loads of stuff!

Davidglen77 said:
I honestly don't feel at all victorious, I feel like I've lost big time.

Keep your spirits up. I just wanted to say that I appreciate you not caving to the implied bribe. If everyone had your strength of character, Argentina might find itself a land of prosperity and opportunity. You have made it a little better for all of us here.

Thanks.

lolimundo said:
Davidglen, I'd love to help if possible: do you sell online? How could I buy some of your products without going to Villa Urquiza?
Hope to hear back from you.

Lo

Thank you so much for your kind words of support, unfortunately I don't sell on line (its a whole other process here to do that). Somehow I am sure I will recover as soon as I can look up again. Right now I can't look at anybody in the eyes. I just have to keep thinking of the poor people suffering in Haiti, Brasil and Australia right now, and that helps me put things into perspective. I still have hope and many people have none at all. Un abrazo grande.......

Davidglen77 said:
Thank you so much for your kind words of support, unfortunately I don't sell on line (its a whole other process here to do that). Somehow I am sure I will recover as soon as I can look up again. Right now I can't look at anybody in the eyes. I just have to keep thinking of the poor people suffering in Haiti, Brasil and Australia right now, and that helps me put things into perspective. I still have hope and many people have none at all. Un abrazo grande.......

Ok, I'll try to go to your store one of these days. Don't give up, there's a lot of good people around everywhere. And you are fighting for your life with your love here, we are all here on this boat, we are with you!

Gringoboy said:
And it might be a good idea to keep in contact with the two gentlemen you mentioned who helped guide you and put that woman in her place.
I'm not suggesting anything underhand, only that it's not what you know but who you know that counts, and those two chaps might come in handy again one day.
I know David, because I've been down that avenue before, but nowhere near the extent as you.
Well done and sell shed loads of stuff!

I agree. If you know who they are maybe you could sit down with them and get their perspective on this. It might be nice to know what they think of what's going on.

I only mention this because something similar happened to me and my shop.
Excuse me if I've mentioned this before :)
An inspector rolled into the shop and told me we had an illegal roof at the back. There's a patio at the back of the shop and the previous occupants put a plastic roof on it and I now use the room for storage.
Anyway, Mr Jobsworth told me to take it down. I said no. He said you'll be hearing from us.
Fortunately another inspector at the muni gets her hair done next door and the owner of the hairdressers is a client of my wife who is an accountant.
She had a quiet word with the lady inspector and the problem went away.
I might add that Mr Myjob-is-more-important-than-yours, got a serious bollocking as he didn't ask for the Libro de Actas (AKA The Holy Bible).
Which really means he was simply after money.
Nobody has bothered us since, but you never know do you?

Back