Buying A Plane Ticket In Cash (Blue Pesos) To Save Money?

So we just went to the Aerolinas office on Corrientes and were told we had to pay with a credit card...

Anybody know if it is possible at all to pay for flights in cash in ba?

What Aerolineas Office in what Cjty? Country

Some Aerolineas offices have never accepted cash payments. I was buying flights in Feb. and the stand in Alto Palermo wouldn't accept effectivo- they said only the offices in Microcentro and Belgrano did. Down at the Belgrano office, I paid in pesos, though they did offer me the chance to pay in dollars!

Aerolineas only accept cash at two offices in Bs As

Perú 2 , just off Florida
Cabildo 2900

The branches in the shopping centers do not have sufficient security to accept cash payments

Most Airlines and travel agencies Do not Accept cash , instead require that the pesos be deposited in their bank account. In my experience today.

Seems a bit counterproductive to buy a one-way ticket (which, as noted above, is usually more expensive than a r/t ticket.) If I were you, I would simply buy a r/t flight with a company that permits cancellations, and then cancel the return. Last year, I bought a r/t ticket (BA --> Madrid --> BA) with Lufthansa, then once in Europe, decided not to return to BA. Lufthansa refunded me the unused portion of my ticket (less a 50-euro cancellation fee), no questions asked.

Good point -- that's something to consider, starlucia.

A lot of this discussion surrounds aerolineas argentinas, but their flights seem to be more expensive than the US carriers/other Latin American carriers (eg TACA)-- does anyone know if you could pay in pesos at the TACA office? Or the Lan office? American?

Thanks!

Guys, also, will I be charged a 20% tax of the peso price when buying this ticket in cash?

Thanks, but when I look up a price on Kayak or the airline's Web site is this 20% already reflected in the total cost? Or does Argentina tax this completely separate from the airline? (Some countries include their tax in the total fare, that's why I'm asking.)

Back