Buying A Used Car,and The Legalities?

Why does she want 100.000$ today and 80.000$ tomorrow?!

Propose 15.000$ and tell her she'll get the remaining when the papers get signed. Why take such risks?

Indeed, it's a suspicious attitude.

Figure out the economics I bought for US$9000 dollar a used car in 2010, now its worth US$ 4,500 at the blue rate....!! The car value in pesos went up 30%.....!

Why does she want 100.000$ today and 80.000$ tomorrow?!

Propose 15.000$ and tell her she'll get the remaining when the papers get signed. Why take such risks?

Indeed, it's a suspicious attitude.

She was saying that she needs to put down some more on her new car as theyre hassling her to pay for it as its sitting at the showroom ready. I think she`s telling the truth but bending it to stop people wasting her time. But we`ve said we`ll pay it all in one go when we have it and the papers done.

Figure out the economics I bought for US$9000 dollar a used car in 2010, now its worth US$ 4,500 at the blue rate....!! The car value in pesos went up 30%.....!

Yes we bought our car for $55,000 pesos two years ago, we`re now selling it for $62,000 to a dealer aswell. Not surprising so many people are buying new cars.

She was saying that she needs to put down some more on her new car as theyre hassling her to pay for it as its sitting at the showroom ready. I think she`s telling the truth but bending it to stop people wasting her time. But we`ve said we`ll pay it all in one go when we have it and the papers done.

Is she buying a new or an used car? (should be a new car reading you)

Indeed, her hurry could be linked to the higher taxes to be applied soon: http://www.ambito.co...a.asp?id=718731

But this new law will apply to new vehicles only (or not?). Will she buy a new vehicle?
With this new law, what will happen to sales contracts concluded before? (if the money has not been given in full yet?)

Let's not jump on the bandwagon yet but submit what she says to a strong BS detection test.

That's what I'd do (and that doesn't cost a penny).

Yes we bought our car for $55,000 pesos two years ago, we`re now selling it for $62,000 to a dealer aswell. Not surprising so many people are buying new cars.

Uhm not sure about your profits,....? you paid $11,956.00 dollars for the car the dollar was at $4,6 pesos in 2011, now you sell it at $6,885.00 at today's Dollar of $9,3 pesos. You lost $ 5071 dollars or $211 dollars per month.! However you made 12 % profit in PESOS.

Uhm not sure about your profits,....? you paid $11,956.00 dollars for the car the dollar was at $4,6 pesos in 2011, now you sell it at $6,885.00 at today's Dollar of $9,3 pesos. You lost $ 5071 dollars or $211 dollars per month.! However you made 12 % profit in PESOS.

Funny calculations:

I bought my modest actual car (Italian, red color, maker name starts with an F... but it's not a Ferrari ;op) for 24.500 pesos like 18 months ago (from an expat of this forum).
I made 15.000 kms and I can sell it for like 30.000 pesos (nice purchase, it's well maintained, with a proven history).

18 months ago, 24.500 pesos were like 4.500 USD (close to 6:1)

Today, I can sell it for like 30.000 pesos (gained like 20% in 18 months), but that's like 3.500 USD (like down 30%).

Funny way of analyzing things!

You can find this info online if you have the license plate number (don't remember exactly but I checked the car I bought that way, likely the DNRA site = lack of time to find it again).
Argentine economics runs converse to logic and reality. It works as though you were in a parallel universe.

I was more referring to the fact that only in this country could you buy a car, use it for two years and sell it for more than you bought it for.

Back