Buying Property Now? Benefits Of Being A Citizen?

trojans10

Registered
Hi expats,

Had a question that I have been pondering. For a while now I have wanted to invest in property in BA.

I wanted to know the benefits of being a citizen vs. being a foreign buyer?

I feel right now is a good time to buy before the economy naturalizes again in a few years. Thoughts?

Thanks.

i'm in the same position, looking around to buy a property, I don't have the impression there will be a crisis like ten years ago, though things are for sure going slower the coming 2 years. I'm thinking about buying a new property to be paid in cheap pesos (my income is in euros) and eventually selling it later.
From what I understood there's no huge difference in being an Argentinean or foreign buyer.

i'm in the same position, looking around to buy a property, I don't have the impression there will be a crisis like ten years ago, though things are for sure going slower the coming 2 years. I'm thinking about buying a new property to be paid in cheap pesos (my income is in euros) and eventually selling it later.
From what I understood there's no huge difference in being an Argentinean or foreign buyer.

When we bought our apartment in 2002, we put it in my wife's name because we were short on time and the process was quicker for an Argentine citizen than for a non-resident foreigner.

i think there is a small tax difference with being a citizen (DNI holder) or not..... with the wealth tax.. like 1.25% compared to 1.5% but I believe that is it.... but others will chime in with better info...

Others will know better but a foreigner owning a property here may have to pay a yearly tax if he/she can't prove he/she's been living in the property (in which case it is assumed the property has been rented or something like that)

Back