Cacerolazo (April)

Meanwhile in Urquiza, not a peep. I would have thought that some people might have gone to kiciloff's to bang their pots (3 streets away from me) but no... Very kirchnerista neighbourhood...

On my way! :)

Quinta had a fair amount of people. Amazing thing is that there were all sorts. Young , Old , Girls in school uniforms ( :) ) , and really all ages of people. Nice , really. No buses bringing people in , no truck driver's ( no offense !) or shall we say , organized paid types not brought in. Mom , pop , kids , working class people who want change. AT least , I hope that is the case. I enjoyed seeing the faces of the people , in a peaceful demonstration. Well behaved and desiring change. I am ready for the next one !!

Also wonder what the police think. The government is their employer . What is going through their minds , to see such discontent with their bosses ?

ckf is in trouble.

I would hope they'd be as constructively good-natured as November's were.

I would hope they'd be even more good-natured than last time (especially if I was Cynthia Garcia with a 678 microphone in the throng or some poor sodf camera crew from the wrong channel with a monopod 'tiene palo!!!') If they were then perhaps TN would be brave enough to broadcast live interviews from the street this time.

Can't really see the point other than as emotional catharsis - que se vayan todos was already tried and failed, and so whats left... back to politics and constructing an alternative so that the next lot in aren't ladrones/corruptos/inutiles/mafiosos but as that alternative will inevitably consist of the products of Argentine society, well... go back to Bradly's video and pay attention this time.

Noticed a larger police/paramilitary presence than November and definitely a much bigger crowd.
Walking back from the Quinta we were asking the same things about the opposition.
We wondered if they've already been bought.

Just got back from there. Damm, what a squeeze to get on the subway line B :eek:
Everyone was well behaving and was mostly middle to upper working class.
Hope the rest of you guys managed to drag your asses down there instead of being keyboard warriors.

Just back, good natured...slightly confused by those saying that protests are not useful. I would say they are very useful tool for solidifying opposition and giving people the confidnce that there are numbers mounting against the current govt and that it is worthwhile getting out to vote.

Some of us come home with some hope that change is possible. I am not yet convinced b the opposition but we'll see what they say during the midterms and in 2015....if the current lunatic fringe haven't sank the ship and manned the liferafts by then.

Otherwise this is "mucho ruido, poco nueces".

Chanting "Argentina!" isn´t going to get you very far.

Just a thought. But I also hope they don´t take my advice! :D

I hope they don't take your advice either! From your post it sounds like you just don't "get" how these protests are doing anything. I find it interesting that you, a documentary filmmaker, see these protests as mucho ruido, pocos nieces. You honestly don't see even just the visual impact of these manifestations? That throngs of hundreds of thousands in the streets all across the country is a visual proof of discontent? You don't hear the banging and the chanting as manifestation of the unhappiness of a huge portion of the population? are you sure you work in film?

I hope they don't take your advice either! From your post it sounds like you just don't "get" how these protests are doing anything. I find it interesting that you, a documentary filmmaker, see these protests as mucho ruido, pocos nieces. You honestly don't see even just the visual impact of these manifestations? That throngs of hundreds of thousands in the streets all across the country is a visual proof of discontent? You don't hear the banging and the chanting as manifestation of the unhappiness of a huge portion of the population? are you sure you work in film?
I think that what she is saying is that they (the protesters) should just shut-up and join the K-team on the K-express to K-prosperity. ;)

Back