Can it be? Great restaurant dining in Bs. As.

Great to get these recommendations from you all! Here are some of my favorites (I'm a native Manhattanite, living here 8 years as well...)

DaDa - San Martin 941
Bar Uriarte - Uriarte 1572
Olson - Gorriti 5870
Sr Telmo - Defensa 756 (good pizza)
Artemesia - Cabrera 3877 (there's another one in palermo as well - very well done organic/vegetarian)
Cafe San Juan - San Juan 450
Oui Oui - Nicaragua 6068 (great for brunch and adorable onda)
Sudestada - Guatamala 5602 (they do know about spices!)
and one of my absolute favorites: Las Rivas - corner of Estados Unidos and Balcarse in San Telmo

buon provecho!

El Duderino said:
What are the prices like at Crizia and Mott?

I recently went to Crizia for my anniversary dinner, so let's see what I remember...

1/2 dozen ostras gratinadas con salsa de champaña- ~60 pesos
Four-hour braised cordero- ~80 pesos
Risotto de mariscos- Can't remember, but I think all the entrees were 60-90. The lamb cost more.
Pinot Noir, the name of which I can't remember- 85 pesos (but if you want a 350+ peso bottle of wine, they have those too)
Creme brulee trio- ~40 pesos

People, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if prices have changed since late August. But I will say that it is the best non-parrilla meal I have had in Buenos Aires and totally worth it. The atmosphere was very nice but the crowd not at all pretentious (usually why I avoid Palermo), the service was impeccable (such a pleasant surprise!), and they really made it a night to remember for us. The risotto was the best seafood I've had here. No gross fishy flavor. Just really, really good. Was it the freshest shrimp I've tasted in my life? No, but it's the best I've had in BA hands down, and I've had my fair share of ceviche. The oysters were out of this world for anywhere. I love oysters. The lamb was incredibly tender and flavorful, and the creme brulee trio (classic, lime and pistachio) was very good. The wine list was massive and had several international options--you certainly don't see much of that around town.

It gave me hope for the future of the Buenos Aires food scene, not that I'll be here, but oh well. Get thee to Crizia!

Back