Can you take a bicycle on the bus? Is Lomas Del Mirador safe?

Thanks for all your help so far guys.

New related question: can you take a bicycle on the subway?

Maybe I will take the subway to the end of the blue line, and then grab a cab from there to lomas del mirador...

I don't mean to persist with this!

:)

I call bullshit. Liniers can be shady at night, but during the day is ok, in fact, it is a nice place two blocks from the train station. Lomas del Mirador is not a neighborhood that I like, but is not so terrible either. The fact is that Palermo and other touristic areas are a lot more dangerous than most of the middle class neighborhoods around the city, but people living there think that everything outside Palermo looks like Bajo Flores or the bad parts of Chacarita and Colegiales. Get outside the bubble.

I would think that you're going to get robbed rather than buying a new bike. Especially if you go alone. Don't "Get outside the bubble" alone with money in your pocket that someone knows you are traveling across a town you don't know to give to a person you don't know.

NOTE: You can take a bike on a TRAIN.

You might consider:

1) Not buying it at night.
2) Riding it to a train station in ~Devoto.
3) Taking the train back to Palermo.

G A Cro said:
Thanks for all your help so far guys.

New related question: can you take a bicycle on the subway?

Maybe I will take the subway to the end of the blue line, and then grab a cab from there to lomas del mirador...

I don't mean to persist with this!

:)
If you're going do this, take the train instead to ramos mejia, depending on where in lomas you're going, you might be able to walk the bike back to the train, which you can take bikes on. But then you'll still have the problem of getting the damn thing from once to palermo but its closer

I will echo everyone else and say this is probably more hastle than its worth.

PhilipDT said:
But then you'll still have the problem of getting the damn thing from once to palermo but its closer.

There's a bike lane that goes along the northern side of ONCE train station.

In the old days, bikes were meant to be ridden, so perhaps he could do a little retro thing. It's kind of the rage these days.

PhilipDT said:
If you're going do this, take the train instead to ramos mejia, depending on where in lomas you're going, you might be able to walk the bike back to the train, which you can take bikes on. But then you'll still have the problem of getting the damn thing from once to palermo but its closer
As Napoleon said, ride it to estación Devoto or Santos Lugares on the LSM. Those trains stop at Palermo on the way into Retiro. And they have a nice big Furgon that's almost always half empty.

Hi all! Thanks for the advice!

I managed to pick up the bicycle. I was at the airport (EZE), and grabbed a pleasant cab ride back in to the city. Since Lomas Del Mirador is sort of on the way, we stopped by. Bike looks great!

Thanks again!

Enjoy it. BA is a much better place for cyclists than it used to be.

Back