Cannabis Clubs, Uruguay

Residency is not too hard to get, I have until April to sort that out...

The domestic market is not that great at an estimated $1.2 - $1.5 a gram, however the international medical market is a growing sector.

As I mentioned, I have ideas that are a little different, one is marijuana wine which (tried it in Switzerland) has some amazing qualities...

3.3 million residents allowed to buy, grow and sell marijuana gives, based on what Warren said gives an estimated yield of 594,000,000 grams, I wanna bit of that ;)
marijuana wine doesnt sound too appealing to be honest with you but best of luck if you can make it work. I just hope all this actually helps the uruguayan economy.

I think the govt. wants to keep it a cottage industry which is understandable but there is nothing wrong with owning lots of cottages.

2 meters in a controlled environment could hold a lot of plants, indoor growth is the way ahead i believe, its faster and easier to cultivate
I'm sorry to be the one breaking the news to you,as you mentioned,you come from Europe,this is SouthAmerica.What makes you believe that the already organised smuggling and distribution rings will allow you to operate in Uruguay?
If you are serious about getting into this type of operation,be prepared to do many things you won't be proud of or tell your grandchildren about it,if you live that long

Pot is a lot safer than alcohol, it also has a lot more uses than getting high

Residency is not too hard to get, I have until April to sort that out...

It doesn't sound like you've done much research. It's easy to start the immigration process in Uruguay, but it's a long, bureaucratic process to even obtain temporary residency. Think years, with perpetually lost paperwork. Unless you are a citizen of a Mercosur country, you'd be better off in Colorado.

I'm under no illusions about it being an easy ride however, I am determined to get it and to try and to get a license, Uruguay does not have the worst administration in the world, I've probably dealt with worse,

I am probably a little in the dark and less informed as you guys are but I have heard that once the process is underway a temporary permit can be obtained, I guess only by trying will I know how it works out for me :rolleyes:

I'm under no illusions about it being an easy ride however, I am determined to get it and to try and to get a license, Uruguay does not have the worst administration in the world, I've probably dealt with worse,

I am probably a little in the dark and less informed as you guys are but I have heard that once the process is underway a temporary permit can be obtained, I guess only by trying will I know how it works out for me :rolleyes:

Just FYI, below is some info that I got recently from an immigration attorney regarding the process. Also, there are a couple of Uruguay-specific forums and facebook groups PM me if you are interested.

From what I have read you have to be a permanent resident to get permission to grow/sell cannabis in Uruguay. Not sure if that is true or not.

---------------------------

The application is made in country and the approval takes some time (8-14 months – Temporary Residence Permit / 20-30 months for Permanent Resident), but the applicant can start to work and acquire all local documents while the application is still pending before the Uruguayan Immigration Authorities.

Please find bellow an overview of the process (documents required and processing details):

1- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM THE APPLICANT:

· Identity card/passport;
· Two passport size photographs;
· Entrance card;
· Health certificate;
· Criminal record;
· Evidence of means of support; and
· Birth certificate.

2- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM THE URUGUAYAN SPONSORING COMPANY:

· Notarized certificate of income presenting the candidate’s nominal monthly wage to be received, such as the position offered;
· Notarized certificate confirming the existence of the Uruguayan sponsoring company, such as other corporate confirmation, like: current legal status, validity of its corporate term, object, local address, official registration proof, name of the company’s legal representatives + corporate document proving this person is authorized to act on behalf the company, and prove of compliance with act 17904 (registration of Directors of the company at the Registry of Commerce).

*** if the sponsoring Uruguayan Company is an S.A., then it is necessary to demonstrate compliance with act 18.930 (communication to Uruguayan Central Bank).

3- APPLICATION DETAILS:

· Once we gather all documents we will draft the local application forms and we will forward them to the Uruguayan sponsoring company signature.

· After we receive the application signed, we will submit the application before the Uruguayan Immigration Authorities and they will analyze the case, from this point starts the estimated period of 8-14 months (Temporary Residence) or 20-30 months (Permanent Resident).

· While the application is pending, the foreigner will be able to work at the Uruguayan company and acquire all local documents to be included at the local payroll, open a bank account and have a regular work routine in Uruguay.

Back