Carne para todos! Seriously?

Please people think out of the box, your box that's it.

Perry is the only one so far on this threat who had a grip of what is going on in this society, please get out of your Anglo-Saxon mentality as you come from USA, UK or even mainland Europe.

Here the farmers 'are not' your typical farmer as in any of your respective countries but the 'all mighty landlord' who own the land and have as many 'peones' to work on their fields as they please and are such greedy people that is unbelievable to comprehend for any developed society and worse of all they are united in such a weird way to exploit effectively not only the land but the people of this country on any opportunity they have that is embarrassing to call them Argentines.

Welcome to Argentina, what you are seeing is the history of this country, until now that's it, what for you must be an astonishing and perplex view of these 'carne para todos' trucks etc., they have a purpose and it's to balance and combat the rampant speculation that always flourished and forever was unabated in this country, particularly with the family basket, such as groceries, meats and vegetables.

As weird and puzzling it may be for all of you these things that you are viewing and hearing is the way it as been here almost forever, there are few and very little options to quash this speculative mentality once for all. Right now this government and for the first time in the history, believe it or not, is combating off those speculative mafias and actually doing something to eradicate or at least neutralize them, sound weird, sounds impossible to be of some impact in controlling the prices and inflation but at least it's something, so please be open minded and try to understand, even if that doesn't make any sense to you, remember that you, at least for now are in Argentina...:)

Skanky meat. It's a shame the voters are fooled so easily buy it. Personally I'm waiting for Cristina to do a Smart phones para todos. Desperate to get a decent mobile phone.

ndcj said:
There is, of course, something every one of us can do. Stop buying from Disco, Coto, Carrefour, etc and start buying locally. Buy all your meat at the local carniceria, buy all your vegetables at the verduleria and buy whatever's left over at your local chino.

Well i for one an sick of been ripped off by the local shops.. At least at Coto/Dia/Disco you know how much it is.. Bananas $5.99 /KG at coto, $8 at the local vege shop. I shop around, but because they know i am not a local they always try to rip me off, and i get sick of saying its expensive...

If one more person blames the act of a long-term expat trying to understand something that doesn't make sense on "anglo-saxon mentality" (rather than just answering the question without feeling the need to get a, frankly, xenophobic jab in) or gives "You're in Argentina" (no sh**) as an answer, my pallid British body shall spontaneously combust!

And what question is that?....Carne para todos! Seriously?

There is not or wasn't any intention to inflict a xenophobic jab anywhere on your pallid British body, but just to try to explain to a very sensitive mind of yours or somebody else the motives of all those obnoxious trucks roaming the streets of BA, hope you do not get burned too much for all this....seriously.

There are people who can´t pay for the meat sold in supermarkets or butchers shops. We all complain about the prices but most of us are in a situation to be able to purchase anyway. While I wholeheartedly disagree with just about everything the Presidenta does, if her political propaganda includes selling meat at affordable prices, I say go for it.
And while I agree with Lucas´s comments on the ´land owners´, I don´t think it´s a story that´s unique to Argentina.

AngelinBA said:
There are people who can´t pay for the meat sold in supermarkets or butchers shops. We all complain about the prices but most of us are in a situation to be able to purchase anyway. While I wholeheartedly disagree with just about everything the Presidenta does, if her political propaganda includes selling meat at affordable prices, I say go for it.
And while I agree with Lucas´s comments on the ´land owners´, I don´t think it´s a story that´s unique to Argentina.

Thanks AngelinaBA for introducing some common sense here at last, of course this is not unique to Argentina and can be easily applied to the majority of LATAM countries and some other parts of the world as well, but particularly here because of the roots in agriculture and livestock was and still is the bread and butter of this country, it's notoriously very serious and hard to eradicate. The historic and neo-feudalistic mentality of ours principal landowners tied to the corruption of the politicians who have been corrupted for that same elite are the ones to blame for all this, a very good chunk of the high and middle class of the society in this country is responsible for this rot.

I'm pretty sure that she, the 'president,' is not doing this for the shake of more or less votes there is not a dispute on that she is going to win this election outright, the real fight here is to break once for all these mafias who control the groceries prices by producing shortages and holding of foodstuff, that's the main government concern and not their popularity, that will come with facts gained from a good government management.

Don't "mafias" control almost everything in Argentina? Aren't they a sign of an undemocratic, authoritarian system? The carne para todos trucks are just one sign of a system that thinks short term and personal gain. Instead of solving social problems the government gives little subsidies to appease people and assure their votes. The cycle just goes on and on. After living with this for years and years you get cynical. There just isn't reason for hope because you see that just about everything is done the wrong way.

Sergio said:
Don't "mafias" control almost everything in Argentina? Aren't they a sign of an undemocratic, authoritarian system? The carne para todos trucks are just one sign of a system that thinks short term and personal gain.

Yes and no, undemocratic authoritarian system was running for long time and now there is a political will to change all that, this is just one of these measures. It isn't a short term policy for personal gain that isn't the purpose, if you come up with that way of thinking 10-20 years ago I will say yes that is correct but no now, not with this government at least.

Sergio said:
Instead of solving social problems the government gives little subsidies to appease people and assure their votes.

Same answer as above, and no, votes are there already enough and suffice for this cabinet to continue doing the changes already approved by the people with many goals already accomplished this government will push forward for more equality and fairness for all, who voted them in or not.

Sergio said:
The cycle just goes on and on. After living with this for years and years you get cynical. There just isn't reason for hope because you see that just about everything is done the wrong way.

The cycle as you said was indeed urgently in need at some stage to be broken , hopefully this is going to be accomplished in the next government term. People in this country are sick and tired to listen political parties and politicians promising anything so they can get hold of power and then doing nothing. Not anymore all of them politicians, they journalists and their media baron backers have now been forced to remove their mask for everyone to see where they are standing and what for, if there aren't any real political and state policies backed with facts then they will not get any votes to reach power as they did in the past for then fouling the people's hope for a real and positive changes, these dinosaurs are now almost extinct in this country.

Back