CFK and ÉL

Let's not forget that only 38% of the total of eligible voters in Argentina actually voted K -not 54%.

Total number of voters who are eligible to vote = 27,890,000
Total number who voted for CFK = 10,762,000

Unfortunately not everyone that should have voted actually bothered to turn up.

You could also argue that only a quarter of the total population actually voted K back in.

The 54% number bandied about is misleading as it insinuates that half of Argentina voted K...not so.

marksoc said:
Most of us think highly of Nestor, and more think highly of CFK, and that is reflected in the polls.

I don't think very highly of El or her...please don't mislead people into thinking that half of Argentina voted K...only a quarter of the total population voted K -roughly 10million out of 40 million.

And let's see how highly we think of the current K klan once this scandal reaches the mainstream.....your favorite 'news' service Cronica has so far maintained a total news blackout over it...how long will they be able to hold it back for? In a country like this one, still reeling from the military dictatorship of not too long ago, the revelations that the Gendarmeria are spying on demonstrators, union leaders & activists, anyone who opposes the Ks or their leadership...this is a very interesting twist.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/93030/govt-rejects-espionage-accusations

notebook.fix said:
I don't think very highly of El or her...please don't mislead people into thinking that half of Argentina voted K...only a quarter of the total population voted K -roughly 10million out of 40 million.

And let's see how highly we think of the current K klan once this scandal reaches the mainstream.....your favorite 'new' service Cronica has so far maintained a news blackout over it.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/93030/govt-rejects-espionage-accusations

"..and if any [espionage claims] are uncovered we remain inflexible."

So *$#& you, Argentina.

notebook.fix said:
I don't think very highly of El or her...please don't mislead people into thinking that half of Argentina voted K...only a quarter of the total population voted K -roughly 10million out of 40 million.[/URL]

Considering the number of people who are UNDER 18 (the legal voting age I presume), including entire nuclear families, I would say that about 10 million out of ~30 million voted for her. (And maybe that 30 million number is high.)

That being said, I'm not a fan of ELLA or EL.

fifs2 said:
...God what wouldnt I pay see a serious interviewer ask her questions on how her lifestyle contradicts her speech TV?

good point! does CK or Bodou or Moreno and the funky K-bunch here ever answer questions coming from the (independent) press? are there official press conferences where they get fried for their doings and deciscions?
it doesn`t seem to exist here. CK and the K`s just don`t answer questions, that`s it, right? Obama, Sarkozy, Merkel etc. they all give personal press conferences...they get heavy pressure from them sometimes.
the German president just resigned today because he didn`t pay some bills on his own a couple of years ago. he got on TV numerous times and tried to explain everything, but the pressure got so high that he still had to resign because the people didn`t want him in office anymore - is this possible here? no, i guess...

what kind of democracy is this? "vote for me, but then shut up and listen to what I have to say"...

Napoleon said:
Considering the number of people who are UNDER 18 (the legal voting age I presume), including entire nuclear families, I would say that about 10 million out of ~30 million voted for her. (And maybe that 30 million number is high.)

That being said, I'm not a fan of ELLA or EL.

I totally understand your point that the 40million includes babies & children ...I'm alluding more to the psychological connotation that the 54% figure implies. Subliminally & conveniently for the Ks it encourages the false perception that more than half the country voted K, when in fact not.

And back to those 10 million K voters...how many are 'choripan' voters? public servants, gov workers...people on temp welfare etc etc Cause this thing could suddenly swing the other way once the cash runs out..if you get my drift.

It seems to me that the thing has suddenly turned south on them after the election orgies, now they are desperate to prostitute our a$$ets to the Multinationals at any cost after they completed their hatchet job on the economy & scared off ALL foreign investment. In today's news it is claimed that in 2011 there has been a 90% increase in capital flight out of the country (US$21,500,000,000)

So now they put road blocks to stop journalists & anti-mining protesters from reaching the towns that are being prepared to be mined & raped.
They are using the gendarmeria to spy on & suppress the opposition. Take note, this is starting to look very ugly.

I think that all the conditions are set for this country to impose a fijumori style self coup, and it turn completely stalinistic like.
Think about it . Im not being an alarmist.
When a goverment rejects any scrutiny , they tend to go off on a narcisistic path of totalitarianism.
Noone wil complain . They will fall in just like they all did in the last Coup D'etat

At least she is referring to someone in the third person. Were she referring to herself as "Cristina" or "La presidenta," I would be more worried.

I think you need to look at how Evita referred to Perón to get the full flavor of Cristina's references to her late husband. Read "La razón de mi vida."

She built a wall monument to Evita in October. Every meeting of Cristina now has Evita in the background, and her policies mirror many of those of Evita.

marksoc said:
Most of us think highly of Nestor, and more think highly of CFK, and that is reflected in the polls. No secret about that. She can use "El" for many more years, I don´t care. The thing is that she really loved the guy, I wish I had that kind of connection with somebody. This is a couple that did everything together, including reaching the highest civil positions in this country. I would not be surprised if at the end of the K era they are regarded in better terms than Peron (not Evita, she is the Saint of this country).

Please tell me you're having a laugh with this post........

after reading Marksoc , is it any wonder WHY a cult of personality is easy to install among argentines ?
Did she love EL , when EL punched her in the face after she refused to resign followig the prop 125 fiasco ?
Argentines eat this crep up by the bucktfull , tis is why they love anyone in power , democratic or junta , it desnt matter , argentines are wonderfull followers

Back