CFK guilty, sentenced to 6 years imprisonment

So where's the proof that Macri's govt was as corrupt as the Kirchners'? Have there been serious charges made in that respect?

I think it's just too easy to say they're all the same.
I don’t think it is always as simple as assuming Macri’s government must be guilty of the same crimes of CFK (or of Menem’s or Alfonsin’s or anyone else’s for that matter…) to prove or disprove the “state of two mafias” theory.

Each “team” will go about “corruption” (or using the state to protect, generate and grow their wealth) in different ways as quite simply each team has different benefactors with different needs and capabilities.

I suspect billionaires, for example, don’t need to steal money from state coffers to get or stay rich, they may however just need eyes to turn blind, information to win more business, or that certain status-quos are maintained or changed according to the business needs of the day…. Does that translate to government corruption according to the criminal code (like the charges faced by the Ks?) or simply a strategic use of influence and political power? Does being legal mean being moral?

For the Ks, they personally, as well as some of their other benefactors got too bold, greedy, brazen and stupid in their use of the state that they flagrantly committed clear cut crimes in broad daylight. They wanted to get rich quick, not stay rich. They acted hypocritically and brutish. Let’s not forget that she wasn’t alone on that dock - she went down with many others who shared the dock with her, each individually investigated and found guilty and sentenced according to their own proven crimes of corruption in this case:

El empresario Lázaro Báez, para quien solicitaron 12 años; Julio de Vido, ex ministro de Planificación; José López, ex secretario de Obras Públicas; Nelson Periotti, ex titular de Dirección Nacional de Vialidad; Mauricio Collareda, jefe de Distrito N°23 Santa Cruz de la Dirección Nacional de Vialidad; Juan Carlos Villafañe, ex jefe de la Administración General de Vialidad Prov. de Sta. Cruz (AGVP); Raúl Daruich, responsable del Distrito N°23 “Santa Cruz” de la DNV; Raúl Pavesi, ex titular de la AGVP; Abel Fatala, ex subsecretario de Obras Públicas; José Raúl Santibáñez, ex presidente del directorio de AGVP; Héctor Garro, ex presidente de la AGVP; y Carlos Santiago Kirchner, ex subsecretario de Coordinación de Obra Pública Federal.

Fascinating to watch the television and see how both TN y LN+ stopped broadcasting CFK's presentation when she started talking about the chats. And in so doing, they missed the big news: she announced she won't be a candidate for any position next year!

Embarrassing. Now they have to try and play catchup.
LN+ es muy pero muy nefasto

But strange how all the other channels covered the whole diatribe in full yet those two channels just happened to run out of patience at exactly the same moment, and just as the bosses' name started to be mentioned.
I would like your post but you used diatribe...

I think a lot of Ks don't understand that it's a "Yes and [insert non-K crime here]." People are so blinded by a cult of personality that they refuse to consider that both Cristina and non-Ks can and are guilty of crimes.

While I fully believe/admit there are people that think only Cristina is guilty, I've met far more people who think she's just one of many corrupt Argentine politicians.

That being said, this isn't unique to Argentina though, you have people in the US that bitch about Donald Trump's corruption, but then blush if you say "Yup, send him and Nancy Pelosi to jail together." as she's got a long history of insider trading; people have selective moral outrage when it's crimes committed by someone they like.

Anyways, flash forward 6 years from now and my money is on this being a Amado Boudou like situation where people just don't care and have no qualms being around him now. It's a big club and we ain't in it.
OMG, the false equivalencies abound!

So where's the proof that Macri's govt was as corrupt as the Kirchners'? Have there been serious charges made in that respect?

I think it's just too easy to say they're all the same.
You don't think the stuff in the chats reveals serious corruption by individuals associated with Macri and Larreta?

Even Carlos Pagni en LN+ last night was struggling to find a way to gloss over it.

I suspect billionaires, for example, don’t need to steal money from state coffers to get or stay rich, they may however just need eyes to turn blind, information to win more business, or that certain status-quos are maintained or changed according to the business needs of the day…. Does that translate to government corruption according to the criminal code (like the charges faced by the Ks?) or simply a strategic use of influence and political power? Does being legal mean being moral?
Couldn't agree more; this is what I try to tell people here: there's corruption in the US or Europe too, it just looks different in developed countries, i.e. it's not a guy throwing a duffle-bag of cash over the wall of an abbey and pleading with nuns, it's more, IMO, the kind of corruption that the JxC types likely engage in, backroom wheeling and dealing, splitting spoils amongst themselves. It may not even violate the letter of a law, but the outcome is the same as crudely dumping dollars in someone's lap.

she wants so badly to be a martyr, it gives Kirchernism staying power so just like Peron, she can have endless streets and later pipelines named after her around the country. she probably thinks she already will be one as she keeps parroting this conspiracy about gangs who tried to kill her being funded by businessmen will probably come after her again.

Back