Cfk Orgullosa: Argentina Es El País Que Más Consume Gaseosa!

And we know what CFK did to McDonalds and the Big Mac index, at least previously (I haven't looked at it in some time).

I'd believe that the government has bought up tens of thousands of liters of Coca-Cola and has them stored in some warehouse in order to trick the numbers before I'd believe that consumption of coca-Cola here indicates a booming economy.

I have eyes and ears and just can't understand how the people I know suffering inflation and lowering value of wages contra-indicates a booming economy. I would believe that people are spending as much of their money as they can because it's worth less every day...

I have eyes and ears and just can't understand how the people I know suffering inflation and lowering value of wages contra-indicates a booming economy. I would believe that people are spending as much of their money as they can because it's worth less every day...

Well, you can't get inflation without demand. So, when demand decreases, so will the inflation. People are spending money precisely because they have money, no? :)

The Argentine economy is not booming, but it is arguably better off than many economies in Europe and the United States economy, where deflation is the problem. If you're a merchant, it's probably much easier to sell a product for more than you purchased it, but for less?

The Argentine government (through social plans and mandated salary increases) is hell-bent on maintaining consumer demand. Unfortunately, it's policies for the supply side of the equation are lacking.

I repeat, I m not saying to base any analysis of anything based on this indicator, but it is an indicator.

Ah, ok, I hear you...you are saying that it IS an indicator but should NOT be used in ANY analysis. I am glad we agree! Kind of like 'if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, did it make a noise?' kind of a thing. No harm intended my friend, I am just playing with your words. Be well, enjoy the Malbec, and have a great weekend!

28wmrzc.jpg

Back