CFK to Run for Reelection ‘One More Time’

I'm just surprised she announced it so early, she had four whole days left before the deadline.

mcaffa said:

Bread and circus?...

You don't have the minimum idea what bread and circus is, a real bread and circus was between 1989 and 2003, and yes, these day were really a circus with clowns and everything, less the bread.

I'm assuming that you are in a nucleus of neo-yuppies and therefore has been listening their painful moaning of neoliberal nostalgy that still surrounding these people.

The world has moved for the better, at least in this part of the world.

Bread and circus,.... Pfft

She will win, in the first round so her power won't be limited

Barney said:
She will win, in the first round so her power won't be limited

I agree, I am interested in who her running mate will be, could give some clues as to future direction. There are going to be some big challenges in the next year like what to do with 25% inflation, runaway government spending. My guess is that they could go further left to deal with the problems, i.e. lay the problems off on business interests and other oligarchies , do more nationalizations, etc. Kind of a move towards Chaveztization of Argentina over the next couple of years.

There is nothing left to nationalize and she will run in some kind of financing problem soon enough, there is so much the Ansess can finance and they soon will be forced to update the pensions

nikad said:
Sad but true

And you have to take in account that in 8 years K. there hasn't been a single serious incident other then the occasional drought, wildfire or ashes. If the weather conditions are bad for 6 months there would be a lot less money coming in

Barney said:
And you have to take in account that in 8 years K. there hasn't been a single serious incident other then the occasional drought, wildfire or ashes. If the weather conditions are bad for 6 months there would be a lot less money coming in

It is not just about less money coming in due to possible bad weather conditions, imho it is about having done nothing about insecurity for 7 and a half years, corruption, running a country solely on soy, lack of consistent international policy, inflation, lack of investment, and the likes. Not that I actually like any of the other candidates either.

Back