Changes I Want To See With The New President

Car dealerships give you bank deposit slips ready printed in amounts of $10,000 ...

Interesting. My dealer did not offer me those deposit slips. Besides, I prefer not to deposit money beforehand. You never know.

Matias, your silence is deafening.

"Oops, I hadn't listened well to the clip" is a response. "Oops, someone just forwarded me this saying that Macri suggested that" is another. Whatever.

But to drop shit - completely false if you spent literally 10 seconds on the subject - as if this forum is a BA sidewalk, and then run off with your tail between your legs - only to pop up and spout more shit elsewhere later on - makes you cross the line from a nice guy with wacky opinions to a confirmed shill.

It's not even about the K's. It's about you. Unless you stipulate that all the K's are like you.

Bravo. I couldn't have put it better myself.

It worked on redpossum, maybe we can run matias out of here as well.

Anyone wanting 500 and 1000 pesos bills must have some dirty business hidden underneath the carpet. So this guy wants to spend 100k pesos on something and he doesn't use a debit card/bank transfer... mmmmmhhhh... fishy...

Macri does not give a rat's ass of what expats want. I am more interested in knowing what and how Argentina is going to change after this. Are we going back to 2003/2004, that could be good. I would appreciate if the expat expert could shed some lights on the change of the new Argentina, and what it means for the expat. For example, more tourists might be coming, it will be harder to find an apt, the price will be higher, there will be no blue rate. repairs will be easier because the service can have the machine parts ..etc

Less inflation and streamline international package delivery, get rid of import restrictions, and put afip aduana workers in jail for demanding 800 pesos for one 10 dollar baby shirt for my newborn daughter from grandma.

You can't be for less inflation and also want bills higher than 100. As soon as a 500 peso bill comes out a ten and twenty peso bill becomes obsolete and all of the sudden you have real inflation and kids playing will stacks of bills in the streets.

Money is a tool and maintaining only 100 bills makes it bad tool. If someone thinks small bills prevent criminal in dolarized economy, he is wrong .... You can't maintain bills from the time, when money was worth 10 times more.

You can't be for less inflation and also want bills higher than 100. As soon as a 500 peso bill comes out a ten and twenty peso bill becomes obsolete and all of the sudden you have real inflation and kids playing will stacks of bills in the streets.
Maybe this idea switches horse and cart positions. Prices go up when production costs go up, not because of the existence of larger bills. You may recall that the US used to have a $500 dollar bill. If I remember correctly it was eliminated to make things harder for the narcotraficantes to move money, but that certainly didn't lead to lower prices.

Seems like just last week that no BsAs taxi driver would change a 100-peso note. Sigh.

I hope to see a climate of trust,confidence and hope return to Argentina,so it can become once again what it used to be up until about 1940.The Second Chance Country-El Pais de La Segunda Oportunidad.
This will require a joint effort on the part of all the elements in Argentina's society which I believe will be forthcoming.The FpV lost the election but has a well deserved place in the country's body politic and should serve as an important and constructive opposition.
I came here in 1979 to live (it had nothing to do with the gov't at that moment) and Argentina did give me a second chance.From what I read here a second chance could be what some forum members are looking for also.I hope they might find it here as well.

Back