Chavez Is Dead...

Exactly! Saddam Hussein suffered the same injustice.

maybe there is a huge job of the international media. Think about it.
But Im not sure about the elections of Saddam, or if there were democracy. I am sure about the elections of Venezuela, and that was indeed a democracy. So, again please, again, explain me.

But still, go the USA liberating people of tyranies and bringing the freedom!!! (of course it wasnt for the oil, they couldnt do that, they never EVER supported ANY dictatorship ANYWHERE, not now, not in the past). war to liberate people!!! kill kids and thousands of civil people yoohoo!!!

I still dont understand why people call him a dictator if he won 13 of 14 elections he has presented to. The one that he lost was a referendum to modifiy the constitution 49-51, perfectly admitted.

Please, seriously, someone help me here and explain me how dictator can be someone that wins so many elections democratically, BTW with A LOT of internationals viewers and all that (so no one ever could talk of fraude, even the opponents).

Thanks.-

Are you serious? Have you never read a history book?

Chavez used the oldest trick in the book…
Divide & Conquer. Pitting the rich against the poor.
Peron did it here with the so called "shirtless ones"
And we're still paying for it.
Castro did it in Cuba with the Blacks there.
It never ends because,... it always works.

Changing term limits and creating a cult around himself. 14 hour rants on tv and Wearing military outfits all the time.

He may have been elected "democratically" but he bought those votes with handouts.

But that was the people who voted!!
You think european and american politicians dont use the Tv as an enormous platform to get votes and power?? and to invade other countries and create and recreate whatever they like of a person, leader, party, country, etc???

About the cult, I agree, I dont like it either, but there are tons of other countries that do that, like Berlusconi in Italy, or Thatcher in England, or Bush in the States. And there are dictatorships in others countries that the US support and nobody says nothing, you know why is that?? because they control the international media. thay can say who is a terorist and who is not. Luckily now we have China so that could balance something, because if it was for the States, they would invade Iran, Corea, Venezuela...

However this plays out, I just hope the US stays out of it. If some brainiac at the Pentagon decides that it is in the US interest to step in militarily in Venezuela, this entire region will explode. There will be no greater insult to the people of South America, independently of political affiliations, than to have US Marines shooting guns on the streets of a major South American city.

However this plays out, I just hope the US stays out of it. If some brainiac at the Pentagon decides that it is in the US interest to step in militarily in Venezuela, this entire region will explode. There will be no greater insult to the people of South America, independently of political affiliations, than to have US Marines shooting guns on the streets of a major South American city.

Highly doubtful. The public is still ticked about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and would not support yet another war at this point in time. Contrary to popular belief, the United States public is not war-mongering, just gullible.

Highly doubtful. The public is still ticked about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and would not support yet another war at this point in time. Contrary to popular belief, the United States public is not war-mongering, just gullible.

I hope you are right, but I do not share your optimism, specially with so much oil being at risk. Also, many might think: how much opposition can a bunch of lazy "Juan Valdezes" put up after all? Little they know that you DO NOT want to fight South Americans in the jungle.

You think european and american politicians dont use the Tv as an enormous platform to get votes and power?? and to invade other countries and create and recreate whatever they like of a person, leader, party, country, etc???

About the cult, I agree, I dont like it either, but there are tons of other countries that do that, like Berlusconi in Italy, or Thatcher in England, or Bush in the States. And there are dictatorships in others countries that the US support and nobody says nothing, you know why is that?? because they control the international media. thay can say who is a terorist and who is not. Luckily now we have China so that could balance something, because if it was for the States, they would invade Iran, Corea, Venezuela...

I think the Rule of Law is probably a good starting point for separating leaders like Castro, Chavez, and (increasingly) CFK from Thatcher, Bush, et al.

I don't think much of Bush, Thatcher or Berlusconi but, with the possible exception of Berlusconi, they've gone quietly when their terms expired or the voters turned them out. Hugo made his presidency into lifetime tenure.

Never gonna happen.

Back