Cheap Tickets to a Show at Teatro Colon?

JoeGillis said:
The "Colon Ring", as it has been dubbed, will be a 7 hour presentation, which includes 3 intermissions. What makes this travesty even worse than just being an abridgement, it'll be staged out of opera sequence! Holy Bayreuth! Wagner implicitly stated that the RING should never be performed piecemeal, so imagine how he'd react to the cockamamie idea of a sequence change!
But Joe, it follows the chronological sequence of the story, so you don't need all those annoying pre-tellings and re-tellings! :D

Did you notice that, at least according to the announced casting, the compression eliminates not just Erda and the Norns (of course, since they do and say nothing in present tense), but also Fasolt, Froh, Donner, Gunther, and a Valkyrie? Also that Fricka and a Rheinmaiden are missing from Rheingold, and Alberich and Waltraute don't show up in Götterdämmerung?

Jim, I didn't know the full details of the compression (I like this designation!) until your post. This is really hilarious when you think about it.

By the way, did you attend La Plata's first part of the RING? A friend here said it was quite excellent. Although I've never been to the opera in La Plata, I'd love to go someday.

Back