Cheapest shipping service?

FYI for future reference something like Tiendamia that Argentines I know use for online shopping abroad delivered to the door. It seems to work for them. Never used it myself to have a real opinion on it.

Prices are obviously expensive, but I guess if you benefit from changing USD to ARS at the blue to make the purchase and pay the taxes, it is not sooo bad if in a desperate situation and only other option was travelling to pick it up or trusting a stranger to bring it with them.

I assume the $175k price is subject to 50% tax that you pay separately online to aduanas bringing the total to $262k-ish - or around US$1500-ish or a bit less.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for shipping a MacBook Air from the US to Buenos Aires. Checked with DHL and it ends up costing $334 + $19.05 insurance, and UPS is about $300 for shipping + $300 dollars for insurance, so I'm looking for cheaper options if possible. The laptop has already been purchased in the states and I'm just trying to find a way to get it out here.

Mercado Libre should be cheaper than importing yourself. Lets take an example:

$177226.00 pesos

You would pay for the MercadoLibre Macbook Air pay in dollars (at "dolar blue" exchange rate): ~$1036.40

Now if you bought it in the US you would pay $999, plus shipping, plus 50% tariffs for customs Argentina.

Depending on what state you buy it in you would also have to add local sales tax.

MercadoLibre looks like a good deal to me.

Back