Cheapest Way To Colonia For The Day?

AmigoArtistico

Registered
Colonia Express has a half day round trip fare of AR$360 ($168 + $192 in taxes!).

Is this the lowest priced option?

Are there other considerations?

Consider that if you're just going for a cheap option you WILL end up riding the slow ferry that takes 3 hours instead of 1. Spending 6 hours on a ferry in order to enjoy just a few hours in Colonia sounds like a very bad deal. I always thought the Buquebus prices were quite reasonable anyway.

I've taken the colonia express before. It's definitely cheaper than Buquebus, and it only takes one hour, not three.

The ride can be a little bumpier, because the boat isn't as big as Buquebus, but it didn't bother me.

I am not really up to date on this subject however I have been told buy your tickets from Sea Cat as they are cheaper but you will still ride on the Buquebus. check it out -- and if you do find out -- please let me know too would be much appreciated.

I've taken the colonia express before. It's definitely cheaper than Buquebus, and it only takes one hour, not three.

The ride can be a little bumpier, because the boat isn't as big as Buquebus, but it didn't bother me.

For Colonia Express, you have to go to the generally less convenient terminal in La Boca, rather than Puerto Madero.

Try Cacciola, from Tigre (I think they have a bus from the city to Tigre)

Thanks for all the great info and advice, everyone.

ajoknoblauch, for me, both terminals are convenient, but I didn't realize that Colonia Express went out of La Boca. Good to know.

lucha54, is there a bus to Colonia for the day? That would be one long day, no?

I like a bumpy boat ride, Possum, so that's no problem for me.

I checked out Seacat's online reservation system, and it looks like the lowest fare round trip is around AR$500, and that's for the speed boat (the Colonia Express fare above is for the speed boat also). It's also not as flexible with the days (although it looks like there are more options for time of day); you have to plan more in advance (not a big deal, but just noting it).

I'll probably be going more than once in the next couple months, so I may try the speed boat one time and the ferry on another trip and compare.

Back