Cigarette Prices At Different Kiosks

Ajo, are you really concerned about my health or is it because you still have that much time on your hands?! When is the next book comin'?

There are studies showing the correlation between meat consumption and cancer, and there are physicians (in the US!) advocating how a raw diet helped cure cancer in their patient, supported by the famous China Study. However, I don't go around lecturing people who speak about meat on forum posting scary pictures of slaughter houses or nasty diseases.

There are people dying of cancer who haven't ever smoked a cigarette, there are people who lived a century even smoking a pack a day. By an ignorant standpoint, I'd say "better without it", by a human standpoint, I say life is too short to be scared of everything.

You've obviously not spent the last dying days with a lung cancer patient. I have. My aunt died of it last year, she was 77, which maybe is a long life but when you're at the tail end of it, it will seem like it went by in a flash and you always want more more more. She had a horrible bronchitis that just wouldn't go away in October. End of November it was hanging around still, I told her go to the doctor. On Christmas Eve she was outside smoking cigarettes while still hacking away. She finally got diagnosed end of January -- stage IV. She went into BC Cancer's hospital facilities in February and never came out. We spent the summer at home. She weighed 35kg when she died in August, gurgling and screaming into the night, turned into a morphine addict by the end of it all, and my cousin who sat with her at the hospice while she died said he had never experienced something so horrible in his life. There is no go quietly into the night -- it is gurgling and screaming and delusions and flailing, shallow breaths that can haunt you forever and moans of someone lost and suffering.

And yet whenever we went to visit she couldn't wait to get out on the balcony to have a cigarette, gasping for air as we couldn't have her oxygen tank with us. The other lung cancer patients were all the same, killed by a long term addiction who's effects are so far in the future it's hard to take them seriously while you're healthy.

If 10 cigs is what you need a day now, quite while you're ahead. Don't wait until it's 25 or 40 etc. It is not worth it.

You're more likely to be hit by a stray bullet in Oaktown than suffer from Serafina's smoke in far-away South America.

Ajo lives on the hill in Piedmont. His address may technically be Oakland, but culturally he's in an affluent suburb.

Now, West Oakland is another matter. All that you say is true, but I doubt Ajo makes it down there much.

Reactions: Joe
Ajo lives on the hill in Piedmont. His address may technically be Oakland, but culturally he's in an affluent suburb.

Now, West Oakland is another matter. All that you say is true, but I doubt Ajo makes it down there much.

I am in the flatlands. I ride my bicycle through West Oakland several times every week. I walked the dog there this morning.

Ajo, are you really concerned about my health or is it because you still have that much time on your hands?! When is the next book comin'?
I think he's more worried by the second hand smoke to the kitties. Next to Cruizes, he's the forum's biggest cat lover.

You've obviously not spent the last dying days with a lung cancer patient. I have. My aunt died of it last year, she was 77, which maybe is a long life but when you're at the tail end of it, it will seem like it went by in a flash and you always want more more more. She had a horrible bronchitis that just wouldn't go away in October. End of November it was hanging around still, I told her go to the doctor. On Christmas Eve she was outside smoking cigarettes while still hacking away. She finally got diagnosed end of January -- stage IV. She went into BC Cancer's hospital facilities in February and never came out. We spent the summer at home. She weighed 35kg when she died in August, gurgling and screaming into the night, turned into a morphine addict by the end of it all, and my cousin who sat with her at the hospice while she died said he had never experienced something so horrible in his life. There is no go quietly into the night -- it is gurgling and screaming and delusions and flailing, shallow breaths that can haunt you forever and moans of someone lost and suffering.

And yet whenever we went to visit she couldn't wait to get out on the balcony to have a cigarette, gasping for air as we couldn't have her oxygen tank with us. The other lung cancer patients were all the same, killed by a long term addiction who's effects are so far in the future it's hard to take them seriously while you're healthy.

If 1 cigs is what you need a day now, quite while you're ahead. Don't wait until it's 25 or 40 etc. It is not worth it.

My parents were both life-long smokers, and while they made it to their mid 70s, the last decade or two was not very pleasant.

In college, I had a professor who had a lung removed due to smoking-related illness, but he just could not stop. He still smoked despite having one lung removed due to his addiction.

But hey, anything *can* kill you. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, as they say.

The problem with smoking is as much what happens if it doesn't kill you.

He lives in West Oakland to be closer to his Crack Supplier.

At the Cactus restaurant: https://youtu.be/LWhAaelqGls

And you have the gall to lecture someone on their smoking habits.

I must admit I did live in downtown Reno for a month before moving to Tahoe (to get a driver's license and buy a car).

Holy cow! White trash capital of the world!

Nobody in NV would issue you a driver's license or sell you a car?

Back