Citizenship

I am living for almost two years here in Argentina (on a tourist visa). In these two years I went three times to Europe, two to three weeks each time for work related matters. Otherwise i made a couple of day trips to Colonia and Chile (while I was vaccationing in Patagonia). No overstays before Covid. I am married to an Argentinian citizen with two kids (Arg). I made once an attempt for permanent residency which I didnt complete (legal documents were complete, however some payment confirmations were missing and then i got fed up with the process).
I am not particularly keen on getting the citizenship per se. However, at one point i need to legalize my situation here. The risk of not reentering with my family being here is something that i want to avoid.
As far as I understand I am eligible for citizenship here.
Has anyone done this process before? Experiences? Especially i am keen to know
* how long did the process take (i understand it can vary considerably, depending on ghe judge)?
* is there a way to slow this process down? (Paradoxically that would potentially help me as - as far as i understand - during the process you are kind of protected, while a longer process might help me delaying in establishing my tax domicile here)
* as of when do the taxes (afip) come into play?
* what legal fees did you pay? (Lawyer) Are there also other legal fees?
How about just asking for permanent residency? I did.

6. Does the police still come to your address to check if you live there and talk to neighbors....?
No, the Chamber of appeals, the 3 of them decided against them because of Covid.

In this current case, the judge just sent an oficio to the local comisaria to go verify the address. So i guess they are back again doing it after all?
CCF 001443/2020

In this current case, the judge just sent an oficio to the local comisaria to go verify the address. So i guess they are back again doing it after all?
CCF 001443/2020
You are not understanding. it is the judges of the appeals chamber who do not allow it.

I know every province is different but do the judges tend to process citizenship requests faster in places like Mendoza, Cordoba or Salta as opposed to the capital?

I know every province is different but do the judges tend to process citizenship requests faster in places like Mendoza, Cordoba or Salta as opposed to the capital?
No. They are the worst possible places.

Mendoza is worse than CABA for sure.
It is better than CABA in small courts , as they do not have that much people/cases, but its none of the mentioned.
Ushuaia used to be quite fast btw.

Reactions: Moe
Mendoza is worse than CABA for sure.
It is better than CABA in small courts , as they do not have that much people/cases, but its none of the mentioned.
Ushuaia used to be quite fast btw.

That's interesting, I wonder what changed in Ushuaia?

Here's the whole story of @ElCordobes getting his citizenship in Cordoba:

Reactions: Moe
Back