Citizenship

According to Washington's, DC Arg. Consul, for those born in Argentina "La ciudadania argentina es irrenunciable" That is, once born here they remain citizens for life, no matter how many times they renounce citizenship. .
My poor daughter....

According to Washington's, DC Arg. Consul, for those born in Argentina "La ciudadania argentina es irrenunciable" That is, once born here they remain citizens for life, no matter how many times they renounce citizenship. .

Perhaps an option would be to get the government to strip you of your citizenship, not unlike when you have a crazy girlfriend with whom you can't break up because she'll stab you and burn down your house, and you instead trick her into breaking up with you. Many countries will take away citizenship for a variety of offenses, like enlisting in a foreign army (the French Foreign Legion is recommended for this, after 5 years you get a French PP and a new identity).

Perhaps an option would be to get the government to strip you of your citizenship, not unlike when you have a crazy girlfriend with whom you can't break up because she'll stab you and burn down your house, and you instead trick her into breaking up with you. Many countries will take away citizenship for a variety of offenses, like enlisting in a foreign army (the French Foreign Legion is recommended for this, after 5 years you get a French PP and a new identity).
ARG is unique. I don't think it's legally possible to lose/be stripped off your citizenship as an ARG born person.

Here they jail you but citizenship remains. The reason is simple, our citizenship law is a manumission act and slavery is abolished and a crime.

Or they could simply place you in a prison. (then you are a captive and a citizen.)

For Argentina, people born in the country are Argentines forever. Citizenship cannot be renounced or given up.

Can you quote the law that support this? Because I tooted the same and I was sent the link to that Law... so the argument 'I read it on a forum' is not holding well for me.

Back