Clarin & La Nacion blocked from operatring as usual

ReemsterCARP said:
That is exactly my point. Everybody should respect the law. So why support one side that is violating the law, and condemn the other side for doing exactly the same?

I haven't read all the comments closely but I don't remember anybody particularly taking sides other than some trying to paint this as a labor dispute. To me the labor dispute even if real is irrelevant. The fact that the government through selectively enforcing laws is threatening the freedom of the press is what is important.

gouchobob said:
I haven't read all the comments closely but I don't remember anybody particularly taking sides other than some trying to paint this as a labor dispute. To me the labor dispute even if real is irrelevant. The fact that the government through selectively enforcing laws is threatening the freedom of the press is what is important.
How could that be irrelevant if its the major cause of this problem?

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/ultimas/subnotas/165057-52774-2011-03-28.html

PabloAriel said:
How could that be irrelevant if its the major cause of this problem?

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/ultimas/subnotas/165057-52774-2011-03-28.html

Because even if they have a valid complain it doesn't give them the right to block distribution of newspapers. If they have a grievance it should be pursued in a court of law. The police should have removed them immediately. The problem is the governments selective enforcement of the law which restricted the freedom of the press.

gouchobob said:
If they have a grievance it should be pursued in a court of law. The police should have removed them immediately.

In the recent Argentina history, have you ever seen the police to remove/stop/disperse any kind of manifestation?

igor said:
In the recent Argentina history, have you ever seen the police to remove/stop/disperse any kind of manifestation?

Go back to the farmers strike and remember when the government had their thugs break-up peaceful demonstrations. Try having a large demonstration on something the government doesn't agree with and I bet the police or their thugs would break it up in a heartbeat.

That's the point, what they really want is country without companies. That means just one employer: The Almighty State.

Rabel said:
That's the point, what they really want is country without companies. That means just one employer: The Almighty State.

Nonono, you are not getting it. What they want is a country with companies owner either by them or their own personal figureheards. They are already doing that with big "obra publica", media, gambling, and a lot other industries.
No wonder their personal chauffeur, without even finishing high school, suddenly became a rich multi-media owner.

Guillo said:
Nonono, you are not getting it. What they want is a country with companies owner either by them or their own personal figureheards. They are already doing that with big "obra publica", media, gambling, and a lot other industries.
No wonder their personal chauffeur, without even finishing high school, suddenly became a rich multi-media owner.

Its called crony capitalism.

gouchobob said:
Because even if they have a valid complain it doesn't give them the right to block distribution of newspapers. If they have a grievance it should be pursued in a court of law. The police should have removed them immediately. The problem is the governments selective enforcement of the law which restricted the freedom of the press.
What about the rights of the workers? :rolleyes: Have you ever studied labour laws? I guess you haven't, so again, before repeating over and over again like a parrot what Clarin says, get your facts straight.

gouchobob said:
Go back to the farmers strike and remember when the government had their thugs break-up peaceful demonstrations. Try having a large demonstration on something the government doesn't agree with and I bet the police or their thugs would break it up in a heartbeat.
You got me speechless on this one. They had the whole country paralized for days. What are you talking about?

PabloAriel said:
What about the rights of the workers? :rolleyes: Have you ever studied labour laws? I guess you haven't, so again, before repeating over and over again like a parrot what Clarin says, get your facts straight.
?

No, you get your facts straight instead of repeating the official k lies. Workers dont have the right to stop a paper of circulating, full stop. Judges already said that, and also that the national government must guarantee that. Instead, they ignored the judge and lied about the whole thing. As usual, they consider themselves beyond the law and they keep acting like that. The way in which they selectively enforce law is shameful.

Back