Coming Soon To A Dinner Table Near You! ALL the food you crave from home!

marmite, PG tips tea (or Yorkshire blend), Colmans mustard, salt & vinegar chips, Linda McCartney vegetarian products (any...this would vastly improve my quality of life), quorn, chocolate (green and blacks, anything that doesn't taste like plastic), Dr Pepper, HP sauce, curry paste, chocolate HOBNOBS...I could go on.
Seriously though, with import restrictions and taxes, I really cannot imagine being able to get any of those products without a serious (and ludicrous) mark-up.

Kidney beans in a jar, Fitness cereal with chocolate (available in Europe), large bricks of tomato juice, canned enchilada sauce, chocolate chips, used to make "toll house" cookies, baking (I think, Idaho) potaties; they have them at Kansas, I wonder where they buy them?, sweet potatoes, not the potatoes they have here, canned diced chillis affordable vitamins, Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream, Tide laundry soap (I know it's not food), Heinz baked beans, Entermann's anything (baked goods), kale; do they have it here? N.Y. bagels, COTTAGE CHEESE!!!! Lot's of stuff from Trader Joes, N.Y. Macintosh apples; like no other, cheddar cheese that tastes like....cheddar cheese, Pizza from N.Y.C., Chinese food from N.Y.C. , Mexican food fom California, baby carrots and other things too numerous to mention. Stop dreaming, Fred, it will never happen.

I've seen some of the stuff you guys are looking for... brown sugar I know exists. I bought a bag of baby carrots at Jumbo. My boyfriend buys rice cakes from time to time. Tide detergent is called Ace here (but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same - they might have pulled a Pepitos/Chips Ahoy switch - same company, different name/formula.) Chocolate chips have to exist someplace considering chocolate chip cookies are common enough here.

Real chips ahoy (chewy), reese's peanut butter cups, maple syrup and pancake mix would be high on my list of things it'd be nice to have here. I actually really miss Florida strawberries, but that's a little more complicated.

Good luck with the business. :) Hope it works out.

sundae said:
pancake mix
Come on, you're kidding right?? I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was visiting a US friend and saw this in their fridge.

Flour + milk + egg + sugar, it's the simplest thing in the world!!

I can't even believe they make this as a product, though I guess with US consumers nothing should surprise me. (and wouldn't be surprised if it's on Oz store shelves nowadays, we're getting just as fat/lazy as the yanks).

I agree, there are a lot of things on these lists that are already here or can be easily made (ala pancake mix--and really, with making your own not only is it easy, but you get to skip the added aluminum!). Brown sugar and curry paste can be found in barrio chino. Chocolate chips--chop up a bar of chocolate and voila (though I've seen Aguila and other chips around)! If you don't like the regular chocolate, buy the imported Lindt? can't be much more $ than what you'd pay to have it imported. Some of the wish-list things truly can't be found here but others are here and just require some work to prepare (i.e. kidney beans, just not in a can).

I, too, would love some real cheddar and cottage (among other kinds of) cheese, but dairy imports may be out of the question.

CHOCOLATE CHIPS, "chispas de chocolate", can be bought at a confitería in barrio chino off of Juramento between Arribeños and Montañeses. They have them in little tiny bags on the shelf towards the back as well as much bigger bags way in the back behind the counter.

Their taste falls somewhere between milk chocolate and semi-sweet.

deeve007 said:
Come on, you're kidding right?? I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was visiting a US friend and saw this in their fridge.

Flour + milk + egg + sugar, it's the simplest thing in the world!!

I can't even believe they make this as a product, though I guess with US consumers nothing should surprise me. (and wouldn't be surprised if it's on Oz store shelves nowadays, we're getting just as fat/lazy as the yanks).

Check this out...I have actually bought this: http://www.batterblaster.com/

Please put me down for 25 kilos of Xylitol sweetener & 20 liters of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Also, I would like to see: Burrito Sized Flour Tortillas, Graham Crackers, Corn Tortillas, Jack Cheese, REAL Cheddar Cheese, Extra LIGHT Olive Oil & ANY variety of Stone Microbrewery beers. Arrogant Bastard Ale is my fave.... I rate ALL of these items a 10 on my scale of interest.

Pumpernickel bread
Bagels
Velveeta cheese (gross as it may be, it comes in handy cooking things on occasion)
Dr. Pepper (diet please!)
If dairy imports were possible - cottage cheese and sour cream (yes I could make my own, no I don't want to)
US style bacon - and if you could find turkey bacon - I would LOVE it.
Speaking of turkey - ground turkey to cook with.

Back