Concerning Argentinas Failure As A Nation

Man you got the right...

Coercion /kˈɜrʃən/ is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner by use of intimidation or threats or some other form of pressure or force.[sup][1][/sup] It involves a set of various types of forceful actions that violate the free will of an individual to induce a desired response, usually having a strict choice or option against a person in such a way a victim cannot escape, for example: a bully demanding lunch money to a student or the student gets beaten.

Just post up some real economic or corruption data in something nationally publicized you will get some Coersion for sure. You might even not wake up from a bullet in your head.

This is an interesting question.

By comparison, the Bush/Obama regime have used the argument that they are "keeping us safe from terrorists" to justify mass surveillance, indefinite war, imprisonment without trial and the de facto suspension of habeas corpus. And in many cases, thanks to aggressive propagandising and a supine media, there is a plurality or majority of the country that at least initially supports the gov't on these measures. Yet there can be no doubt that the policies have not only not kept the population safer, but in fact engender more terrorism.

In this sense, there is a huge degree of responsibility that gets shirked by the Argentine and US populations, who do bear a lot of blame for allowing these regimes to exist. And this shirking is only exacerbated every time there is a Cámpora Memoria rally or when the Democrats blame Bush for the PATRIOT Act.

Either way, in a more democratic, less propagandised society, none of this would have ever happened.

For the record I view the USA a failed state also for various reasons. It just has not completely caught up with them yet. After years of living in South America I loath my trip or two a year back to the states. URU is nearly perfect for me but then again most of the Uruguayans I know have no issue with calling a spade a spade. They just do not seem to be selling each other out or anyone else for that matter. Yes they have a hint of the 3rd world poverty scares but in general their honor proceeds them and corruption does not suit them.

Either way, in a more democratic, less propagandised society, none of this would have ever happened.

I think you are off here Ed pure democracy by nature can be dysfunctional case in point Venezuela. More evidence Argentina itself. If you let social program minded ignorant uneducated people vote away they could possibly vote their way into corruption and destruction. And we see allot of just that now days. These voters cannot not even discern corruption and often vote for it based on perceived benefits they may acquire even if they are voting for corruption. In fact many of them are so ignorant they do not even have the mental capacity to understand they are voting for corruption and destruction.

For the record I view the USA a failed state also for various reasons. It just has not completely caught up with them yet. After years of living in South America I loath my trip or two a year back to the states. URU is nearly perfect for me but then again most of the Uruguayans I know have no issue with calling a spade a spade. They just do not seem to be selling each other out or anyone else for that matter. Yes they have a hint of the 3rd world poverty scares but in general their honor proceeds them and corruption does not suit them.

This is total nonsense. The USA in no way, shape, or form resembles a failed state. The US may be on the cusp of a monetary and fiscal reckoning and certainly has many aspects that may make it an undesirable place to live for some but a failed state it is not.

Failed states: Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria,
Semi-Failed States: Mexico, Venezuela, Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, Haiti,

This is total nonsense. The USA in no way, shape, or form resembles a failed state. The US may be on the cusp of a monetary and fiscal reckoning and certainly has many aspects that may make it an undesirable place to live for some but a failed state it is not.

Failed states: Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria,
Semi-Failed States: Mexico, Venezuela, Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, Haiti,

The United States in the poorest country in the world. Debt is not a measurement of wealth.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2187rank.html

It is only a matter of time.

Look at the bottom of the list. Tick tock goes the clock.

The United States in the poorest country in the world. Debt is not a measurement of wealth.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2187rank.html

It is only a matter of time.

Look at the bottom of the list. Tick tock goes the clock.
Tick, tock........Did I just read that? Thanks Terminator you made my day....LOL!

Argentina is far from a "failed state". The government of Argentina has coercive control and provides basic law and order over the entirety of its territory; basic services such as clean water, electricity, a telecommunications system, public education, a road network, a healthcare system, etc are consistently provided.

All the things you mention above do exist in CABA. Outside of it - it's a toss-up.

I live 35 minutes from Capital. We live on a dirt road that is listed as paved on the municipal map. The company that won the contract to do the paving split the money allocated in the contract with the official in charge and it was never paved. When we have holes in the road, we pay to have rocks brought in and fill them ourselves. People dump their trash and/or burn it because the garbage trucks don't often come out this way. (Although each property is charged taxes for this service). No city water service. Electricity - well, there's a reason we bought a very expensive generator. I see people going through the trash every day on the street looking for something to salvage and or eat. Police presence is a joke out here. And again, that's 35 minutes from Capital.

There are parts of Misiones, Santiago del Estero, etc that are much, much worse.

Cap Fed is NOT Argentina. There certainly are parts of this country that are as absolutely in dire straits. There are parts that aren't of course. Is it a failed state? No but has the state failed a great number of its citizens? IMO, yes.

I can't say in other rural areas I've been in the "first world" that it's anywhere near this level of what we deal with here.

Sir, there is no military on this Earth that can overthrow a government and implement massive apparatus of torture and repression without having wide popular support. To say otherwise is to perpetuate the mindset of self-victimization and to abdicate any sense of responsibility.
The reality is that about half (maybe more) of the Argentine population welcomed the military coup. They were frustrated with the economic situation, scared of the rise of the communist guerrillas and felt that the country was descending into civil war. Is a military coup the best solution for these problems? I certainly don't think so. But back then many did, not only in Argentina, but in most of South America. To deny that is to deny reality.

Until 1976, there had been different dictatorships with its coups, with the militars governing. So the argentine people were aqccostumed to the militars in power, even when there were democratical governments, cause they were controlled by the forces. Some analysts call these dictatorships the DICTABLANDAS.
Now, in 1976 evereybopdy knew the militars were comming again, there was a consensus for that, but maybe the people expected something similar and not despaparecidos.

Expectations don't change the fact that there was support. So why not just acknowledge it and cope with the past instead of searching for the evil foreign forces that are the cause all issues Argentina is facing even today...

Back