Cost Of Living

Maybe you can bunkup with ARbound. Share a room like step-brothers and regal each other with your pauper tales.

Agreed. 8000 pesos is not livable (seriously) if you are expected to pay for housing. If they are giving you accomadations plus that salary, you will live a decent life although not extravgent by any means.
How should someone supporting themselves completely on, let's say, a waiter's salary be able to live here then?

What jobs are enough to live on? I'm coming to the country, I'll be almost 20, what jobs could I live off and not be starving and living in a super dangerous area? I'm bilingual, have experience in retail and food, and film experience..I'll have to support myself completely. Will I be able to do this working as a waitress for example?

What kind of standard of living do you want. Obviously people can survive on the salary of a waiter or there would be no waiters. Do you really want to 'just survive'?

What kind of standard of living do you want. Obviously people can survive on the salary of a waiter or there would be no waiters. Do you really want to 'just survive'?
I'm just surviving right now...at least in Argentina, fun is free! :p

But many waiters that survive on their measely wages live with their family so they don't have to pay rent, food, building expenses, and internet/phone. Unless you plan on working 10 to 12 hours per day as a waiter.

How should someone supporting themselves completely on, let's say, a waiter's salary be able to live here then?

They are living with their families most probably or sharing rooms or sharing housing with another wage earner if they are not with their parents.

But many waiters that survive on their measely wages live with their family so they don't have to pay rent, food, building expenses, and internet/phone. Unless you plan on working 10 to 12 hours per day as a waiter.

You think so? I see far more 50 year old waiters than 20 year old ones.

Back