Countdown To Default!

At the same time, private entities buying now bonds from another private entity execute an agreement in which Argentina is not a party.
Argentina will become a party once the country negotiates (publicly) with the new owners of those bonds.

I don't think it's an issue?

At the same time, private entities buying now bonds from another private entity execute an agreement in which Argentina is not a party.
Argentina will become a party once the country negotiates (publicly) with the new owners of those bonds.

I don't think it's an issue?

I don't think so, as long as they wait until jan 01 to negotiate.

JP Morgan however are not prone to acts of selfless charity and will surely be looking for assets or more than the 300% on offer as a reward for their good deed.

The sorry losers (if an issue is found) will be the bondholders who didn't accept the restructuration and were left out of this lawsuit by the Vultures.
The interpretation of the Pari Passu will have created many, many ranks among the bondholders :huh:

A back-room deal could easily be done with nothing official, especially with a private outfit. All that is needed is for Elliot to request the stay be reinstated while negotiations with Earnie Shwartz and Company are in progress. Better minds than I are at work here and believe they have it figured out.

Teacher, I dont understand...

Singer just wants to be paid his 1.6 billion right? Does it matter where the money comes from? Can not the vultures be paid by another investment group who previously made a private deal with Argentina outside of all this kerfuffle. ie Investment group pay Singer et all 1.6 billion and then get paid by Argentina say 2 Billion which Argentina would be happy to pay to avoid triggering the RUFO clause? Could it not be paid as a charitable donation or held in trust or whatever until the RUFO expires or something. Is there really no 3rd (or 4th) way of bypassing this shitstorm or aare all the parties just playing politics?

...Im out of my depth arent I? Best go back to talking about the best cookies in Argentina...

Teacher, I dont understand...

Singer just wants to be paid his 1.6 billion right? Does it matter where the money comes from? Can not the vultures be paid by another investment group who previously made a private deal with Argentina outside of all this kerfuffle. ie Investment group pay Singer et all 1.6 billion and then get paid by Argentina say 2 Billion which Argentina would be happy to pay to avoid triggering the RUFO clause? Could it not be paid as a charitable donation or held in trust or whatever until the RUFO expires or something. Is there really no 3rd (or 4th) way of bypassing this shitstorm or aare all the parties just playing politics?

...Im out of my depth arent I? Best go back to talking about the best cookies in Argentina...
And don't forget the pizza and empanadas.

I am curious why you will not suffer, as well. Do you not live here?
I left a year and a half ago after living permanently in Argentina for 5+ years.

I won't suffer because I have always kept my money in Europe.

Frenchie is so French he left the USA when they changed the name from French Fries to Freedom Fries!

Top that!

Frenchie is so French he has no clue what a French Fry is. He's only ever eaten 'des frites.'

Edit: Actually, that's around the time that *I* left the US.

Back