Countdown To Default!

Don Alberto,

A serious & mature answer for once (hint: I admit I can be quick at trolling facing what I consider -that's subjective- to be a trolling attitude).

First right after the message you quoted (to go after Singer kids), I admitted it was emotional & politically incorrect (but still I consider Vultures like Singer make money on people dying, not the point in this discussion).

Personally, I have nothing against you, I interpret your posts from the start -whether I'm right or wrong- as some sort of support towards the Vultures. I'm 101% against them, they make me sick.

I rank first among people on this forum who will make at times excessive comments, but there's a big difference, quite a few members know who I am, etc.
I'm also of course obnoxious (genetical, I'm French huh!) but I can also make fun of myself at times.

Now, if you put yourself in my shoes (just talking about my point of view), you suddenly arrive on the forum, you don't tell a lot about yourself (5 years in Argentina? Maybe and likely), and you've been making so far statements, never considering the fact you might be wrong, using a lot bold characters (sincerely, that raises a flag when someone does that so much, am I wrong? It's not an attack), etc. Or your reaction to "How you imagine forum members" (OK, maybe you're on a defensive stance since indeed, you get bashed a lot...).

I also think you brought a negative feeling (and again, I'm faaarrr from perfect, I know). Fact is that along the past months, there was another forum member who would keep attacking a specific member (in some sort of way) and who also brought negativity. This member changed since (and he's not as "mysterious" as you) and I think it's rather nice actually.

That's just my 2 cts.

Maybe should BAexpats make mandatory the fact of introducing ourselves when we register here (that's the way it is on many forums).

My apologies if I've been excessive, hoping you'll understand my point

Sure Don Alberto may call you homophobic for attempting against Singer's Gay son, plus a Le Pen follower for crimes of hate? :rolleyes:

Why are you on this forum when you've been gone from Buenos Aires for 18 months? What is your agenda here?
I have been gone from Buenos Aires for more than 11 years. As has been discussed every now and then, in spite of the name, baexpats is a forum for interested from all over Argentina. Although no longer an expat, I return to my beloved Mendoza 5 to 6 months every year.

My agenda in connexion to the holdout/default debate has been to provide some thruths which are denied by Argentine nationalists and exposing some of the lies about the case.

If you believe my posts containing facts haven't been correct: test me. Quote + link + state what you don't believe.

My general agenda is that as I have some years of (constantly renewed) experience with Argentine problems, and know that I have helped one or two on this forum.

Sounds like they had a deal:
Juan Carlos Fabrega, submitted his resignation last night

http://www.cronista.com/columnistas/El-llamado-de-Cristina-a-Fabrega-que-termino-con-la-posibilidad-de-un-acuerdo-20140731-0103.html

Personally, I have nothing against you, I interpret your posts from the start -whether I'm right or wrong- as some sort of support towards the Vultures. I'm 101% against them, they make me sick.
Very briefly:

What we have been discussing is law (not justice, but law) and if one tries to mix law and emotions, things go wrong.

I consider (emotionally) many of the people behind hedge funds (and Singer is no exception) and their actions seriously morally wrong, same as the Argentine governments', but the hedge funds have the law on their side, like it or not.

It is a well documented fact, that the NML hedge fund bought their bonds from June 2001 to september 2003 at more than 50 cents per dollar, while Argentina offered less than 30 cents per dollar at the debt swap - whether you, Bajo-2 or anyone else like it or not. It just is so. Who are the vultures, 50 cents or 30 cents?

I told this, provided the source (The Supreme Court of The United Kingdom) and got shit in return from emotional debaters, who did not even check facts before they shitted on me.

inconvenient_truth.jpg

My general agenda is that as I have some years of (constantly renewed) experience with Argentine problems, and know that I have helped one or two on this forum.

Great. The reason I ask is that people get bored quickly reading through petty insults being thrown back and forth. You seem to be an informed guy but the attacking and defending is detracting from what you can contribute.

Back