COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
artisans...Don't take my word for it, simply do the math.
Before the end of the month, another five million doses of the Russian vaccine will arrive in the country.
12 January 2021
Next Thursday, January 14th, the second flight of Aerolíneas Argentinas to Moscow will depart from the Aeropuerto Internacional de Ezeiza to seek a new load of the Sputnik V Russian vaccine against COVID-19. The information was given by the president of the state-owned company, Pablo Ceriani, through his Twitter account
, who said that 300,000 doses will be brought. Aerolíneas Argentinas’ A330-200 will land back in Buenos Aires on Saturday noon, after a total operation time of 40 hours....
Am I missing something? Here are the flight times various airlines.
18h 35m duration, 1+ stops Air France via Paris
Buenos Aires (all airports) to Moscow, Russia (all airports)
Search flight prices on Google
18h 35m+
Air France
Air France
via Paris
21h 30m+
LATAM, Air France
LATAM, Air France
via São Paulo, Paris
21h 40m+
Iberia, SWISS
Iberia, SWISS
via Madrid, Zürich
22h 5m+
Iberia, Aeroflot
Iberia, Aeroflot
via Madrid, London
22h 25m+
KLM
KLM
via Amsterdam

Am I missing something? Here are the flight times various airlines.
YES....do you seriously think the ARG gov't is going to contract with any commercial airline(s) other than Aerolineas Argentinas to transport the Sputnik V or any other vaccine?

YES....do you seriously think the ARG gov't is going to contract with any commercial airline(s) other than Aerolineas Argentinas to transport the Sputnik V or any other vaccine?
No and it's irrelevant question. The graphs were examples of standard flight times.
Are you saying Aerolineas Airlines can't fly RT in the same time as other airline aircraft? I'm sure the ARG govt doesn't need to contract with another airline, while they strengthen the local economy with the one they have.

It is worth pointing out that AR only have ONE out of ten A330s specially re-configured to handle these kind of cargo missions. There are others could possibly be deployed but most are busy enough with their scheduled JFK, MIA, FCO and MAD ops (think 2 a/c needed per route plus one for maintenance cover) Not to mention that the AR union APLA is insisting (and to date has been successful) on being the only airline allowed to carry vaccines to Argentina. As already stated, there are 4-6 hours given for loading, fuelling, maintenance, pre-flight checks and clearances adding up to a total mission time of 40 hours is indeed to be expected.

Until Argentina has vaccines from other sources coming in (hopefully via DHL) it is difficult to see how a) the Sputnik lab can produce sufficient quantities in time and b) AR can transport said quantities in time even if running that 330 round the clock to russia, china and wherever else they get vaccines from.

Are you saying Aerolineas Airlines can't fly RT in the same time as other airline aircraft?
What I am saying is that it is highly doubtful that the 5 million doses of the Russian vaccine will arrive by the end of January.
How many aircrafts + crews would Aerolineas Argentinas have to deploy between now and January 31st to meet the gov't's announced goal of having in hand 5 million doses by the end of January? The answer was aptly stated by antipodean.

What I am saying is that it is highly doubtful that the 5 million doses of the Russian vaccine will arrive by the end of January.
How many aircrafts + crews would Aerolineas Argentinas have to deploy between now and January 31st to meet the gov't's announced goal of having in hand 5 million doses by the end of January? The answer was aptly stated by antipodean.
Well, you've got me there on aircraft and crew. Maybe put a call in to Aerolineas Argentina or the President, I'm sure they know.
Why sow doubt in the first place?
antipodean aptly stated something? Is the sky falling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back