Covid Vaccination Argentina

If you are/were over 50, high risk level, and you had the chance to go to the U.S. to get vaccinated or take one here in Argentina, what would you do? I could probably take the one here (not sure I trust it) within a month or so, or fly to the U.S. in 2 months to get the Pfizer or Moderna.

Im not going out much at all and it doesnt bother me at all to stay home BUT I would feel very stupid/frustrated if I got the virus while waiting to travel and having bypassed the local vaccine. I cant go to the U.S. earlier though, what would YOU do?

If you are/were over 50, high risk level, and you had the chance to go to the U.S. to get vaccinated or take one here in Argentina, what would you do? I could probably take the one here (not sure I trust it) within a month or so, or fly to the U.S. in 2 months to get the Pfizer or Moderna.

Im not going out much at all and it doesnt bother me at all to stay home BUT I would feel very stupid/frustrated if I got the virus while waiting to travel and having bypassed the local vaccine. I cant go to the U.S. earlier though, what would YOU do?
If you can be vaccinated here within a month I suggest waiting for it. The vaccines being used here in Argentina appear to be very effective. Some of them aren't formally approved by the WHO yet, but if you're high risk I think on health grounds it makes more sense to get the vaccine here.

Another consideration is that you would feel even more stupid/frustrated if you got the virus while traveling to get vaccinated in the US.

If you can be vaccinated here within a month I suggest waiting for it. The vaccines being used here in Argentina appear to be very effective. .

The vaccinated president Fernandez getting infected with Covid-19. I am not sure about that here ...

The vaccinated president Fernandez getting infected with Covid-19. I am not sure about that here ...
None of the vaccines are 100% effective, Fernandez had trouble getting out of bed one morning, and a case of the sniffles, which for a guy in his 60s who doesn't look to be too fit is not bad at all. I understand they kept him isolated for a few days so he couldn't infect anyone else, which seems like a sensible precaution.

Each individual has to make a personal risk judgement, but there is an argument for staying cool and staying put. A friend of mine elsewhere on the continent took the risk of travelling in the pandemic and went to great expense to fly to Los Angeles and stay there for three weeks for two doses of Pfizer. Two days after returning home she received an email from the government programming her Pfizer vaccine for the following week.

You also have to consider that:

- It will get colder here (while nice and sunny there)
- Restrictions will probably continue to make life difficult here over the next weeks (while everything opens up there)
- There might be some things on your shopping list (iPhone, laptop, watch) that you could purchase there
- Cali is not the worst place to spend three weeks

Besides getting a highly effective vaccination by just walking into a pharmacy.

You also have to consider that:

- It will get colder here (while nice and sunny there)
- Restrictions will probably continue to make life difficult here over the next weeks (while everything opens up there)
- There might be some things on your shopping list (iPhone, laptop, watch) that you could purchase there
- Cali is not the worst place to spend three weeks

Besides getting a highly effective vaccination by just walking into a pharmacy.
I received the two Pfizer jabs in Miami Beach and I'm now in Puerto Vallarta. I miss some things in CABA, but I'm not missing the colder weather and the restrictions. I renewed my drivers license in Florida, bought a new phone and replaced my nearly 20 year old Birkenstocks. CABA is home and I'm more comfortable there, but I can wait another two months or so.

Another consideration is that you would feel even more stupid/frustrated if you got the virus while traveling to get vaccinated in the US.

After serious consideration, that was one of my fears, travelling on a packed airplane for many hours.

After serious consideration, that was one of my fears, travelling on a packed airplane for many hours.
There is some risk. But going to a local supermarket might be more risky these days. With the noses hanging out of the one-layer masks. Little ventilation in the stores. Also, everybody on the planes is tested. And get a good mask like a KN95 mask on Mercadolibre.

Back