Covid Vaccination Argentina

You can select which vaccine/s not to get and by elimination, I was able to get AstraZeneca
Could you elaborate on how that works in practice please?
If somebody is waiting for the call, for the email or the Whatsapp message from the City Bot, for example, for the second dose, and hoping to get AZ to complement the first AZ shot, how would he or she eliminate the others when the call comes?

If somebody is waiting for the call, for the email or the Whatsapp message from the City Bot, for example, for the second dose, and hoping to get AZ to complement the first AZ shot, how would he or she eliminate the others when the call comes?
I understand that AZ is not currently being combined with other vaccines. From my experience, when you get your turno for number two you will only be able to select locations dishing out AZ (it may take clicking on a few locations to find the ones available)

Since they must know one had AZ the first time round, presumably they only invite you once two conditions are met: your 84 days are up; AZ is available.
What happens (or doesn't happen) if the second condition isn't met, we don't know.

Mine was earlier than 84 days - was scheduled to get it in SEP but got it in AUG. I think it depends on availability of AZ first and foremost and then your place in the line of priorities (age, risk factor etc)
If you had technical issues getting the first one maybe give them a call?

For sure it is moving - almost all people I know here in the city have both jabs now. Those who got Sinopharm seem to have gotten their second jabs the fastest (within 1-2 months)

Week of Aug 23....Fernan Quiros stated during a live interview that the waiting period between doses will be approx 59-66 days for those of us who were inoculated with A/Z during June and July...."as soon as a flight arrives".

3 Sept 2021 at 3:22pm

....Quiros said that in the next few days more than 100,000 turnos will be sent to apply second doses of AstraZeneca....

My addendum: CABA is entitled to 7% (calculated by number of inhabitants) of every batch that arrives regardless of the brand of vaccine. The last shipment of A/Z, which arrived on Aug 31, contained 1,654,500 doses = 115,815 doses for the City.

Just use logic. Try to find out when a flight with AZ is arriving and right after arrival, you may request an appointment anywhere. You can go there earlier and find out which vaccine they are offering (I asked people who were leaving with their vaccine certificates) and at that point, you may refuse to get any vaccine you don't want to get and reschedule your appointment for another day and center. If you get AZ for your first shot, you will get the same second shot in CABA in 8 weeks maximum because the first and second shots are identical.

From my experience, when you get your turno for number two you will only be able to select locations dishing out AZ (it may take clicking on a few locations to find the ones available)

It is my impression as well. When I had to choose a vaccination center, I tried to guess a few times, but without any luck, then I selected "All" and only 3 centers were available. (The turnos were not grouped by the center, but I could see from the list that only 3 names were repeating).

At the center there was a single line, and at the entrance they didn't check what vaccine people had before. The nurse did see it, evidently, in your vaccination card and online database, but there was no preliminary selection. I asked what vaccine were they administering, just to be sure. But it looked like the whole center was giving AstraZeneca shots only.

It is my impression as well. When I had to choose a vaccination center, I tried to guess a few times, but without any luck, then I selected "All" and only 3 centers were available. (The turnos were not grouped by the center, but I could see from the list that only 3 names were repeating).

At the center there was a single line, and at the entrance they didn't check what vaccine people had before. The nurse did see it, evidently, in your vaccination card and online database, but there was no preliminary selection. I asked what vaccine were they administering, just to be sure. But it looked like the whole center was giving AstraZeneca shots only.
Excellent information about how the system works when the time comes. Thanks.

At the moment Boti de la Ciudad is cheerfully referring to me by name and telling me that he will soon invite me for my second dose. I am at day 71 of 84, but given that AZ seems a bit scarce at the moment and that people younger than me, vaccinated after me, already seem to have received their second AZ, I have that sinking feeling that comes from suspecting one has (again) fallen through the cracks.

On Monday I will ring up, and maybe start dropping in at the vaccination centers.

A good article for anyone (like me) worried about whether the increasing numbers of breakthrough infections also mean increasing risk of severe infection. To cut a long story short, not necessarily. One example the article cites:

"The researchers found that, when a vaccinated person’s antibody levels fall to around twenty per cent of the typical post-infection level, protection against symptomatic infection drops to fifty per cent. Protection against severe disease, however, doesn’t fall to fifty per cent until antibodies wane to just three per cent of post-infection levels."

Reading the article further, it is not even clear that breakthrough infections are in fact increasing, or exceed initial expectations.

Another good explanation about breakthrough cases and waning immunity:

Back