Crap in Buenos Aires

So… some of that stuff I avoid on the sidewalk might not be from a dog????

Sometimes parents with kids, ...

Ever since my son peed on the floor of Kells bookshop (he was only 2) I have been known to let him take advantage of a tree if he cant make it home on time but Ive never joined him in the act (Sometimes parents with kids - peeing en familia!):)

I can understand that if you have no means to use a toilet in public and you are homeless it is slightly acceptable but for those who can use a toilet properly to use the streets of Buenos Aires as a toilet is animalistic .

The city of Buenos Aires is at fault as well due to its lack of public toilets in places of interest . This creates problems for the homeless and the visitor alike . Restaurants at least will let you use thier bathrooms as a paying customer but be aware that for the homeless they do not have this option as they are chased out of many places.

Public toilets were phased apparently due to illicit behaviour in the Capital Federal.

BA is just sooooo European!
I wonder what you mean by that...people shiting on the streets is not rare in places like Paris, Berlin, Rome. Probably not in broad light, but I've seen it many times. In Rome even inside the Colliseum!

well...no justification on poop here but I had the same experience while living in dirty LA...the difference was the guy just squatted right at Marina del Rey....so it happens in many cities. WHen you gotta go you go I guess

Desde2008 said:
This is no criticism of life here, I realize there are a lot of homeless and unstable people that are destined to live their lives in the street. Honestly, I admire their spirit to survive. But on with the story...

While I was riding on the bus this morning, I looked out the window along the train tracks, San Martin line, near Los Incas.

I had to take a double take as I saw ass, a big man´s naked ass, out and squatting to take a crap in the bright morning sunlight. No attempt to cover up at all and a dog looking on as if he might learn something.

paris_hilton.jpg

"That's hot!"

That reminds me of a time I was walking along Western Av in Hollywood/Koreatown in LA and I was passing the 7-ELEVEN on the SouthWest corner of Maplewood & Western and I saw an elderly homeless Korean woman squating with her dress pulled up, no underwear of course, and she was peeing. And not a small piss, but Iguazu was flowing through gray pubes down from her "mid-section".

Some people consider the USA the "1st World". Some people don't. And it wasn't as bad as the dump that someone left in the front entryway of the hostel that was in the building above the train station in Prague that I took a picture of back in March of 2000, but...

I thought that a grown woman just squatting and flooding the pavement on the side of a 7-ELEVEN was something that I didn't see in most Hollywood movies, although here it was happening in Hollywood. (Of course I would expect it to happen in Marina del Rey, but not HOLLYWOOD!)

Back