Cristina asks AFIP to investigate man who commented for newspaper article

why doesn't she send in the AFIP to investigate her own vice-president & SICCONE? There's some real 'smelly fish' to smell there.
Why doesn't she send in the AFIP to investigate the dealings between her own government officials & TBA in the Once tragedy?
Why don't we investigate 'El's' land buying deals in Santa Cruz?
Why doesn't the AFIP investigate the SUBE card owners & the shady Government officials involved?
Why don't we send the AFIP in to investigate the ca$h paid to Nestor for the privatisation of YPF?
Why hasn't THE QUEEN produced proof that she 'PESO-FIED' her 3 million dollars in Cash?
Why doesn't the AFIP investigate how she (KRETINA) amassed tens of million$ in such a short time span?
Why doesn't the AFIP investigate the queen's chain of Hotels & the industry she & friends run down in Santa Cruz?
Why is Aerolineas Argentinas paying millions per month in leasing fees for aircraft that just lie on the tarmac unused? - There's a 747 sitting in Eze right now that costs US$550,000 per month to lease but has only been used for that famous Angola trip in the last few months. Is someone siphoning out $$$ from the kickbacks or is it plain old incompetence?

I could ad another 300x items.

The dollar controls were never about tax evasion. They were about creating a monopoly for the central bank to be able to buy up all the dollars that the sellers of soy, grains, and other exporters are bring in to the country. If the central bank eliminates all other buyer's of dollars from the system, they can buy up 100% of the dollars that the exporters have to offer.

That's what the dollar controls are about.

Bajo_cero2 said:
With all my respect, it is all about tax evading. Argentine used to buy dollars to evade tax. And they used those dollars to buy real state to evade tax. So, the dollar corralito is all about to avoid them to evade tax, the same about to buy dollars without cash.

And even they use euphemism, they are complaining because she doesn t allow them to evade in peace.

And this real state agent just confirmed that she was right about to pesifying the real state industry that in fact, was a black money washing industry.

Whoever who doesn t pay their taxes is out of busisness. He was stupid enough to take attention on him instead of keeping low profile.

Regards

You seriously believe this?

scotttswan said:
You seriously believe this?

Yes, I do. That guy is a chanta. Usually Argentines declares and pay taxes on 50% of the real income but to do not paying taxes at all is like too much.

On the other hand, real state agents usually are arbolitos (they are the black market of dollars), you should know that.

So, he was complaining about he cannot makes money without evading and his real busisness about selling dollars in the black market is over. He is complaining because now he has to start working for real.

This is what we call a chanta.

Something typical of our society is hipocrecy and hipocracts like this real state guy.

Another side busisness of people like him is to but appartment in pesos en pozo de obra and after to sell them in dollars. For me it sounds like a fraud.

Because he can do a lot of busisness if he start offering real state and renting contracts in pesos, but he is not interested because the real busisness is to charge in dollars and later to sell those dollars in the black market.

So, yes%2

el_expatriado said:
The dollar controls were never about tax evasion. They were about creating a monopoly for the central bank to be able to buy up all the dollars that the sellers of soy, grains, and other exporters are bring in to the country. If the central bank eliminates all other buyer's of dollars from the system, they can buy up 100% of the dollars that the exporters have to offer.

That's what the dollar controls are about.

I agree partially.

The State needs the dollars to pay for imports but we have a distorted economy because people treasure the dollars and there is a distorted lack of them in the central bank.

But people buy dollars and keep them under the matress or they used to buy real state, the best 2 ways to evade paying taxs.

Now, people has pesos and they must invest them otherwise they loose money because of inflation. The main problem of this country is that, intead of investing in opening a factory for producing goods that creates work for people, taxs for the State and income for the country when they are exported, people plays the bicicleta financiera, they gamble with money buying or selling dollars and that s how the economy got destroyed so many times.

The other big issue here is that people doesn t pay taxes and that s why they need to print money, if people starts paying taxes, the economy works better, this is basic.

What the President is doing is smart and she has big balls because if she is success, the cyclical economic crisis are over.

Of course, we don t have to agree, just to respect our different point of view.

Regars

Bajo_cero2 said:
I agree partially.

The State needs the dollars to pay for imports but we have a distorted economy because people treasure the dollars and there is a distorted lack of them in the central bank.

But people buy dollars and keep them under the matress or they used to buy real state, the best 2 ways to evade paying taxs.

Now, people has pesos and they must invest them otherwise they loose money because of inflation. The main problem of this country is that, intead of investing in opening a factory for producing goods that creates work for people, taxs for the State and income for the country when they are exported, people plays the bicicleta financiera, they gamble with money buying or selling dollars and that s how the economy got destroyed so many times.

The other big issue here is that people doesn t pay taxes and that s why they need to print money, if people starts paying taxes, the economy works better, this is basic.

What the President is doing is smart and she has big balls because if she is success, the cyclical economic crisis are over.

Of course, we don t have to agree, just to respect our different point of view.

Regars

I respectfully disagree with most of your points, except that evading taxes is a big problem in Argentina.

The 'State' does not purchase any imports for the private sector. Business owners who purchase products abroad (imports) must sell their pesos and buy dollars to purchase those items. International clients who want to purchase Argentine products must sell their dollars and purchase these products using Pesos. This is one part of how the exchange rate is determined. In the case of Argentina, the 'State' needs to manage the exchange rate to maintain an affordable debt load.

Paying taxes does not ensure that an economy works better. It gives the government money to provide services to the people. The government does not own businesses (except in the case of state run companies like the airline and other public services). The government makes the rules and private individuals decide whether or not to create businesses based on their own criteria.

I personally know many people who would love to invest in Argentina because opportunities do abound, but they will not do so because Argentina is far too risky.

Concrete reasons for this-

-Arbitrary rules. The rules of the game change every day based on the government's short term view of the world- i.e. Moreno deciding what is allowed to be imported. If I dont know what the tax rate will be next month, whether the importation laws will be valid next week, or even whether the government will 'allow' me to pull my earnings on my capital tomorrow, why in the world would I invest my money in that market?

-Corruption. Arbitrary rules lead to confusion, and provide ample opportunities for corrupt bureaucrats to create problems in order to collect bribes. Example: Go and try to get something as simple as a box of books out of customs.

-Ineffectual judicial system. The judicial system is highly influenced by the executive branch of government, contracts are often not worth the paper they are printed on.

-The Peronist version of the 'Bicicleta Financiera'. Find whatever area of the economy is doing best and arbitrarily raise taxes on that part of the economy. This is the way that Peronists have financed their heavy spending increases for years, and always leads to a decline in the most productive part of the economy. i.e. Cattle, Soy, or any other business that is making 'too much money' that benefits that evil 'oligarchy'.

-Now you have to add to all of this the fact that you now need to 'Lay low' in order to function in the country. Any sort of statement contrary to the official line is seen as dissention, and the government targets you in public. There have been no facts or concrete proof whether this real estate agent had or had not paid his taxes. Just the mere mention that he had not presented his declarations is enough for the judge and jury (all of us) to condemn him as a tax evader. I just hope that you or I don't find ourselves in a similar situation one day.

People hiding their dollars in their mattresses or pushing their money into real estate is simply a rational response to these systemic failures. I agree with you that this is a negative thing for the economy, but it's simply the reasonable reaction to structural problems in Argentina brought about by poor government policies. These types of policies are nothing new, and always lead to a decline in prosperity and a black market, or in Argentina's case a 'Blue' market.

I consider Argentina my home, and most of my best friends are in Argentina. But in my opinion the country is headed for a serious decline precisely because of the President's 'big balls'. Time will only tell who is right on this point, but the current global situation is VERY different from 2001-2, when Argentina was able to recover through devaluation and record demand for commodities. If she fails in her project, there is no safety net this time around.

All the best,
Anonymous (for my own safety) ;)

Great posts el expatriado and bsas. Its obviously the government doesnt want foreign investment in argentina but even domestic investment bears significant risks.

A client of mine is a flour producer in Sante Fe. Historically, the government had subsidised the industry in order to maintain artifically low prices for the products (for consumers). These subsidies finished in Dec last year, but rather than paying them the last 18 months of owed credits, the government have decided to "negotiate" with my client a 60% hair cut on the face value of the subsidies owed; and providing the remaining 40% in...bonds!

This is just one example of the constantly moving goal posts that companies have to deal with. New laws retrospectively being applied etc etc.

They make things up as they go and they just cant be taken seriously.

I personally know many people who would love to invest in Argentina because opportunities do abound, but they will not do so because Argentina is far too risky.

Well, I am continuing to invest in Argentina .... I just think you have to have either a very short term or very long term view.

ElQueso said:
Do you ever wonder if Cristina reads BA Expats? Or one of her "advisers"? At this point I'm at least half tongue-in-cheek, but it's good to remember that we're not above things here just because we're residents and not citizens, or even tourists. I'm not suggesting people stop posting their thoughts at all, I certainly don't plant to change my habits in that regard. Just something to think about.

That is why man invented sarcasm ;)

Back