Current DNI Processing Time

GuilleGee

Registered
Hello all,

I just wanted to know if anyone has received their DNI recently and if so how long it took them to get it once their residency was processed?

Is the ReNaPer just in a particularly slow season right now? I suppose they have to worry about passports now too...

I applied through the ventanilla unica back in early December and have been waiting since then for my DNI. I know that my permanent residency has been approved but I just have to keep waiting and waiting for the DNI. Not a big deal for me since I already have legal work, but it would just help ease my mind to have something on hand that proves I am not an irregular migrant.

Bump...

Says the message is too short, so here's a haiku:

need DNI
25 de Mayo
wait many month

My DNI took a little more than 4 months to arrive. Immigration told me it would be no longer than 3 months but of course no surprise, it took a lot longer. It tried going to look for it at el Registro Nacional de Personas and that was a disaster. Just keep waiting..... and good luck!

mine is being renewed and i was told 30-60 days. is there a way to track this on the web or is this a really stupid, naive questions (and the answer being no)??

Fuyi said:
Bump...

Says the message is too short, so here's a haiku:

need DNI
25 de Mayo
wait many month

Are you sure about this address?

25 de Mayo is the location where I applied for, received, and renewed my DNI twice. I did the third renewal (and cambio to permanente) at Puerto Madero (in the tent during renovations).

Has the 25 de Mayo location reopened?

GuilleGee said:
Is the ReNaPer just in a particularly slow season right now? I suppose they have to worry about passports now too...

Does the ReNaPer have anything to do with passports? I thought it was the Federal Police: http://www.intertournet.com.ar/policiafederal/pasaporte.htm

GuilleGee said:
I already have legal work, but it would just help ease my mind to have something on hand that proves I am not an irregular migrant.

You can get a certificate from migraciones that "proves" your resident status. All you need is your passport, $50 pesos (unless the fee has increased), and the desire to make two trips to the office at Puerto Madero. Your resident status (linked to your passport number) is in the computer data base. I seriously doubt you will have any trouble while waiting for your DNI.

Do not be alarmed.
I applied for my DNI and was told to wait six months.
Six months later I received a letter asking me to make a new set of fingerprints and then wait another six months.
I am thinking that at the end of six months I will be asked for another set of fingerprints as my fingerprints were obtained with the old ink method whereas now there is a change to digital fingerprints.
Good luck.
Roger.

I applied for a work visa and after turning in my constancia de alta temprana, I was told that the next step in the process was simply to wait for the arrival of my DNI in two months. I've been waiting for nine.

Last I heard it was gonna take 15 months. I went to 25 de mayo to start the process and they found a mistake in my residence. After that stress, the 15 month wait put me off the whole process. That was 2 years ago (lol).

These days I'd consider ways to speed the process up... Talk to a lawyer perhaps.. Might cost 500 dollars or so. I'm sure there are ways.

Fuyi said:
Last I heard it was gonna take 15 months. I went to 25 de mayo to start the process and they found a mistake in my residence. After that stress, the 15 month wait put me off the whole process. That was 2 years ago (lol).

These days I'd consider ways to speed the process up... Talk to a lawyer perhaps.. Might cost 500 dollars or so. I'm sure there are ways.

Since then (2 years ago), they closed the facility at 25 de mayo and the process got much faster. Perhaps it has reopened but I'm not sure.

Do you still have temporary residency? If so, you should be ale to get your DNI much faster now.

Back