Dating For Men In Their Mid Forties?

Hahahahahaha. This thread is hilarious!

OP, be honest dude, you're not looking for a "partner." You're a wealthy older man who has a checklist of the type of woman he'd like to sleep with and thinks he can bag as a wealthy business owner if he moves to a poorer country. You're attracted to Latin American women (especially if they're white, ugh, hence your interest in a cono sur country) as opposed to other women because you think you'll have some sort of leverage due to your money/power/heritage, or a combination of all three--the type of leverage you don't have where you live right now. Why try to sugar coat it? You're hardly the first. There are plenty of web sites and agencies that can help you out, and plenty of young women looking for a transactional, old-school relationship with an older man. Just don't be an idiot and act surprised if your financial situation changes and suddenly the woman of your dreams decides she doesn't love you anymore. There are a lot of bitter expats in Latin America who tried to play that game but didn't quite get how it worked, or forgot somewhere along the way. Good luck and godspeed, but you'll get what you want faster if you're completely honest with yourself (and her).

I thought the dude was actually pretty honest when he came in, his OP mentioned he was chasing a younger woman and given he's new what more do you want? "I am coming down here to screw girls in the 20s how will I go given I am 40?" He's chasing a girlfriend from what he's mentioned so it wouldn't even be accurate. I reckon it's fairly ironic dontmindme that you seem to be very anti generalisations, gender stereotypes and roles yet you have decided to set up shop in Latin America, one of the most chauvinistic and gender regressive parts of the world. But anyhoo.

Listen mate I can't help you too much with personal experience of dating a much younger Argentine girl given I am still in my 20s, but what I can say is age differences are not really frowned upon so much here and neither are guys/girls dating outside of their ball park looks wise (you'll know what I mean who you get down here). In fact what is common though is not dating out of your economic class. Argentina is a very classist society.

I think you will be fine down here, my biggest piece of advice would just be careful with who you end up with. Argentines can be very untrustworthy (and neither do they trust easily) so I would be careful using your money as a bargaining chip. I would also be careful with new girls you may not know and your personal possessions (cash etc in the apartment, hotel, house whatever) as you should be with anyone, anywhere. As you most probably know Argentines are some of the best looking girls (and guys) around and both age very well and the girls especially really look after themselves (this includes plastic surgery, Buenos Aires is one of the plastic surgery capitals in the world, both good and bad!!).

So some advice: if you are chasing beauty you mightn't have to go too far out of your age bracket to find it. Given you are an Anglo Saxon many will already find you interesting and assume you are more mature, down to earth etc. Just to be sure to bring down your personality and romantic side because Argentine girls especially need to be loved, looked after and entertained (am I right nikad?). But really the negatives can be overplayed, I have always found argentine girls (especially the good ones) to be awesome.

And and I would definitely recommend setting up in a Buenos Aires as a starting point, particularly if your Spanish needs some improvement (in the interior of the country English isn't spoken as well).

Good luck and enjoy!!!

I love the way elqueso writes. I also remember he once complemented me for being succinct.

Please use the search feature here and use the words "argentine women" in your search.

Any Argentine woman in her 40's who is looking for a man from the USA or the UK should be avoided like the plague!

I know this from experience!!!!!!!

Sorry Steve but the only reasonable answer to your comment is Bollocks! There are plenty of delightful and educated women out there who are no less normal than any other country in the world.

Hahahahahaha. This thread is hilarious!

OP, be honest dude, you're not looking for a "partner." You're a wealthy older man who has a checklist of the type of woman he'd like to sleep with and thinks he can bag as a wealthy business owner if he moves to a poorer country. You're attracted to Latin American women (especially if they're white, ugh, hence your interest in a cono sur country) as opposed to other women because you think you'll have some sort of leverage due to your money/power/heritage, or a combination of all three--the type of leverage you don't have where you live right now. Why try to sugar coat it? You're hardly the first. There are plenty of web sites and agencies that can help you out, and plenty of young women looking for a transactional, old-school relationship with an older man. Just don't be an idiot anintelligentd act surprised if your financial situation changes and suddenly the woman of your dreams decides she doesn't love you anymore. There are a lot of bitter expats in Latin America who tried to play that game but didn't quite get how it worked, or forgot somewhere along the way. Good luck and godspeed, but you'll get what you want faster if you're completely honest with yourself (and her).

The first intelligent comment on this thread!

I have a rule that goes: "Don't date Argentine women."

Since enacted, it has cut my blood loss from thrown objects and twisted ears by 100%.

Doesn't sound like that was a lady you were dating! Maybe a wrestler???

Nope. Actually, I live in Colombia now and only drop by the forum for entertaining threads like these. I do not and have never had interest in making anyone run after my vagina. (Vagina is not a curse word, by the way, but I'm not surprised you treat it like one.) I had American and European male friends in Buenos Aires. Some had Argentine girlfriends/wives and some just liked to party and hook up. Why would I judge them or have any feelings on that at all? I also had American/European female friends doing the same thing. Who cares? Who is the cynical one here? You make yourself sound like that typical bitter guy who loves sex but doesn't actually like women too much. Yawn.

I went back and read my post. Just as I intended, it is free of judgment. I don't care if you want a transactional relationship or not. And sure, a lot of ladies will be happy to enter one, as I said. No, you don't need a CEO salary, but it never ceases to amaze my how many people on the forum refuse to admit that their income DOES make them quite wealthy in Argentina.

I sense a lot of men on the board getting defensive about their situations with younger Latin American women for reasons that probably have more to do with their own insecurities than my post. (Nor do I intend to make the claim that every man on here is in that type of relationship; I don't know any married men on the forum personally so how the hell would I know?) I just think the OP should be honest about what he's actually after. This was not your average post asking about differences in dating culture. This is a guy who has already eliminated two nationalities of women to date, and wants to live somewhere where he won't be judged for dating much younger. This is a guy who is asking if it's better to live in a second-tier city. Again, who cares, but come on, people. All I wanted to do was cut the BS.

Also, Steve, it's time to get over your Argentine ex who threw stuff at you or whatever. How many years are you going to spend on the forum writing about her? Move on. Generalizations are lame, and so is thinking that the best solution for abandoned women is finding a foreign man to improve her situation, not changing society so she's not dependent on a man's income to begin with.

I'm beginning to like this forum member....sheer reasonableness....unbeatable!

Who are you to tell me anything?

I will write about dangerous women like her as long as possible..

So other men will know what to watch out for!

And duck!

(Which is a very good move.)

She (still in her 40's) still has a profile on latinmeraricancupid .com

And, since you now live in Colombia why would you bother to post here or tell any of us how to live and love in Argentina?

Interesting how you think it is entirely normal to "find a woman" on a dating site, rather than living in the City and simply going out....

EEEEK!!

There are HUNDREDS of thousands of Latin American women who have been abandoned by their and/or the fathers of their children who would be happy to find a foreign man who has a MODEST income who would not desert them!!!!!!

I know this from experience and I do not have a high income!!!!

PS: There's nothing hilarious about a violent and hysterical Argentine woman in her early 40s...

or an aging Argentine woman in her 60's on the Latin Cupid site who posts photos that are 20 years old and claims to be ten years younger than she is!!!!

(I know this from experience, too.)

In general, Argentine women suck (and not in a good way)

I totally agree w steveinbsas
Age difference is not a big problem. You can find a much younger woman here(at least pretend that you are relatively wealthy).
First, Argentina women are not super happy. If you can find a pretty, kind, happy woman, that's a keeper. At the same time,
it's more likely that you can find a latin woman with that quality from a another country, a real nice warm hearted in nature.

Secondly, Argie women are tough and strong willed. As a grindo, you are supposed to take care of them, you need to
have at least a modest secure income. Argie womenn perphas have even a higher financial demand,

So just come here explore, and not expect to marry someone. (because she can easily takes you to the cleaners, or
ruines your life in other ways)
I am sorry, for a man in your mid-40s, you sounded too naive. You need to grow up in chica hunting department, no offense.

Hmm, I have to say my experience has been very different from what has been previously related. I have dated a lot of women here over the past 17 years, only a couple have turned out to be a little weird. Most have remained friends and I still see them socially. Age seems to be an irrelevance compared to shared interests and worldview. I bought my current residence from the grandmother of an ex-girlfriend (who was actually 20 years younger than me), I'm still friends with her and most of the family and we spent last Christmas at their place with my current girlfriend. The family are highly educated people, I was always honest about my intentions and therefore we all still get on very well. Argentine women are used to a lot of chamuyo. If you are straight with them, then they are relaxed with you. You can never compete with the guy who is promising undying love in some night club, 2 minutes after meeting a girl ,but you can be very clear about who you are, what you like, and how you behave.

It is entirely possible to have platonic women friends, stay friends with Ex's, and find incredibly well educated, interesting Argentine partners. Just be honest from the outset!

An acquaintance once said to me, "I don't understand why women aren't more interested in me here. I'm not ugly, I'm rich, they live in a 3rd world country. Don't they want to hook up with a guy and go somewhere better?"

My answer?

"Well the problem is that you are a F!!??ing bore, and there is nowhere better than Buenos Aires!"
A note: chamuyo = bullsh*t
or this can be used as a verb: No me chamuyas = do not BS with me. Just a BsAs slang

Back