Dealing with noisy neighbour in an apartment block

We painted out all the tags on our street a few years ago. Since then we've had to paint out maybe 6 more. We've had no tags in the last year. For whatever that's worth.

T/

You shouldn't have to paint them out. The vandals themselves should have to do so.

Don't be silly, they could care less about my street. I do, and don't want to live with their crap. So... we paint and repair, and our street looks good.
Nancy

You shouldn't have to paint them out. The vandals themselves should have to do so.
You are absolutely right. And someday the police will feel like finding the taggers and making them do that. After all, the tag is a signature so they could be found easily enough. This is not just criticism of the Buenos Aires police. The Seattle police didn't do anything until, one day, for some unknown reason they started to care. It took years.

T/

You are absolutely right. And someday the police will feel like finding the taggers and making them do that. After all, the tag is a signature so they could be found easily enough. This is not just criticism of the Buenos Aires police. The Seattle police didn't do anything until, one day, for some unknown reason they started to care. It took years.

T/

That, however, would require a functional Argentine justice system.

This is a depressing thread! It does show how expat attitudes have changed. I remember a similar thread on this, the selfishness of people who are noisy, almost a decade ago. At that time a lot of expats were very defensive about Argentine attitudes, claiming it was just as bad or worse in the US......

Ha, Do you get double points for spotting a white dog turd? Rare as rocking horse turds back home they are.

Yeah you don't see any white ones...here....actually rather fresh due to so many people walking their dogs continually cycling new poo into the sidewalk environment.

By the way, yesterday was 25 de Mayo....my neighbors decided to play "truco" after dinner with friends until 4:30 Am...waking up my 2 year old countless times with the laughing, screaming and banging on the ktichen tables. Like I said....NO ONE can escape!!

I found this information on steps to take with noisy neighbors - http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1350195-ruidos-molestos-cinco-estrategias-para-defenderse

- Know the law
- Have a dialogue with the offender
- Point out the rules
- Ask administrator to get involved
- Seek mediation
- Take legal action

When it comes to living together in buildings, Law 13,512 of condominiums determines that the owners or occupiers of a department are prohibited "disturbing with noises, or otherwise, the tranquility of the neighbors." Later it says that penalties can reach twenty days in jail or fines of 200-5000 pesos.

In California, it's now rare to find dog shit in the street, as almost everybody cleans up after his or her dog. In Buenos Aires, I always carry a couple plastic bags and, if somebody's dog is dumping on the sidewalk, I hand over one of them, adding that "Se te cayó algo."

In my neighborhood....they don't even use leashes. I've watched them....they just open the door, turn the dog out and let it go. The dog is then free to roam freely about the entire block, taking dumps and pissing wherever it pleases ( usually by my front gate ) and also harassing pedestrians that are walking down my block.

In fact the neighbor on the far corner from, other side of my immediate neighbors has a couple of big mutts outside in front of his house ( they stink, matted hair, dirty, the whole nine yards ) that just sit there and lay around and crap all day long ourt front. The neighbor has no gated front yard and of course no leashes so when people walk by they bark and harass everyone, including chasing cars sometimes.

Ironically the city has supposedly "strict" leash laws, but in truly argentine fashion, the law is usually virtually meaningless and rarely enforced. I have cops everyday passing by my street you think they stop to tell the guy or get after people that have dogs that aren't on a leash? Of course not they're busy sitting in the front seat of their beat up cruisers drinking mate and whistling at the babes in tight jeans strolling across the street..

I'm like everyone else here: give up and just deal with it because you just won't ever get anything done about it...why even worry or stress?

"give up and just deal with it because you just won't ever get anything done about it"

Can you imagine a city or country where 100% of its inhabitants had that attitude? No one could survive.

It's time for change from an unconscious existence to living consciously.

"give up and just deal with it because you just won't ever get anything done about it"

Can you imagine a city or country where 100% of its inhabitants had that attitude? No one could survive.

It's time for change from an unconscious existence to living consciously.

As long as a large majority of Argentines remain complacent or indifferent...

Back